gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Mons coverage #3 The first “Jam” part 2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mons coverage #3 The first “Jam” part 2  (Read 1179 times)

SaMAlex

Mons coverage #3 The first “Jam” part 2
« on: January 25, 2007, 03:33 PM »
This was more coverage of the same contest. I’m still not sure how Sean got the centre spread, skating in a magazine called “Freestyle BMX” but it is a great shot of my mate Mike sitting on the platform with the 80s haircut. He was actually a hairdresser!

andy619

Re: Mons coverage #3 The first Jam part 2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Nice work Alex.  Is that Darren on the cover?  I had no idea that my brother was at Mon's first ramp jam.

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Yes, Randy was there! Me and him were fighting it out for second place! So you just got me thinking ... if Randy was there, where were you? Did Hawkins take your bike too?

I think thats Darren Robinson on the cover. The platform is quite a "whos who". Curry, Randy, Worzel, James and the guy in the haro pants and Yes Helmet is Spud, and he's sitting on my 84 sport when I had painted it blue.

andy619

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:37 PM »
I was still in Hawaii, getting ready to go to the Pipeline for the 85 KOS finals.  I moved to England in the beginning of 86.  At the time of that Jam I hadn't even met Hawkins yet.  I met Peter at the 85 KOS finals along with CC and Neil Ruffell.

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Oh yer. You went home for a while and Randy stayed in the UK. He would feed us little bits of the hot new tricks that you had told him about. Then you came back to the UK a while later, is that right?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:26 PM by S&MAlex »

Trev

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 06:02 PM »
I was still in Hawaii, getting ready to go to the Pipeline for the 85 KOS finals.  I moved to England in the beginning of 86.  At the time of that Jam I hadn't even met Hawkins yet.  I met Peter at the 85 KOS finals along with CC and Neil Ruffell.

I thought that jam was in late 86...

Trev

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 06:03 PM »
on second thoughts maybe it was late 85  :-[

andy619

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 06:50 PM »
Oh yer. You went home for a while and Randy stayed in the UK. He would feed us little bits of the hot new tricks that you had told him about. Then you came back to the UK a while later, is that right?

yes, I went back to Hawaii to finish school.  I wanted to graduate high school with all of my friends.  When I moved to England to be with my family Mon had already built a half-pipe in our back garden.

I thought that jam was in late 86...

There was a late 85 jam and an 86 jam.  I was there for the 86 jam.

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:06 PM »
The 86 jam? Give me a chance!!! That will prob be up tomorrow!

Trev

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 07:09 PM »
The 86 jam? Give me a chance!!! That will prob be up tomorrow!

Chop Chop!  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 07:34 PM »
I cant wait to get the 86 Jam on here. I got my first propper background shot (although you can just about make me out in one of the pics from this Jam).

alfie

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 08:12 PM »
I went to mons with my mates garth & nick , nicks in the picture with the black tuff and the green top , they both entered the a class and done ok 7th & 11 th . not bad because we rode a small 50 pence shaped quater pipe . I didn't ride i was more of a racer , but i did nick a holeshot banner. I stil ride with nick now and again .

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 08:18 PM »
, but i did nick a holeshot banner. .

Thats funny. Did you see the bit from the other BMXA scans where it tells you to watch out cos Mon is coming round to get you?

alfie

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 08:21 PM »
no i didn't see it but i will have a look  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Bumped cos final scans on the way :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Mons coverage #3 The first “Jam” part 2

gfxgfx
gfx gfx