gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  number plates ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: number plates ?  (Read 1602 times)

zed4130

number plates ?
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:25 PM »
ok i went down to iford in november for a laugh my missis dropped me off 'sadly the skies opened and it poored down  :'( and the track got water logged .I took my new shiny ripper of the back of the car and angela said why have you got a numper plate you dont race ? .So my question is should you sltill run a plate when you dont race 'i allways had a plate bitd and i rode streets and parks'but i think racing bmx's look better with a number plate on even if you dont race .So what do you guys think  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: number plates ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:27 PM »
I think it adds a bit of personality to your bike, Bitd I wouldn't take the bike out without one!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 03:29 PM »
funny thing is though tony nowadays its the opposite they take them off 'wear would we put all those stickers  :2funny:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Leave em on mate!  then the kids at the track think you're an aging pro   :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Leave em on mate!  then the kids at the track think you're an aging pro   :daumenhoch:

thats the problem they are allways after a race and saying can you jump the doubles  :tickedoff: i just go for fun but like my bike too look as good as poss  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 03:36 PM »
I'll stick a plate on mine.........jump the doubles???  i'd be happy with rolling over them without falling off!   ;)

daz bmx it!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Old school plate?... never leave home without it ;)

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 03:38 PM »
the bike looks bair without it i must admit  :'(

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 03:43 PM »
not a plate fan myself.
ding dong

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 03:47 PM »
i'm gunna wear one on the cruiser,it's  another place to sticker up and i think it does add abit of  style to a bike.

:smitten:

zed just looking at your ripper the plate does suit it :daumenhoch:

priv

zed4130

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:52 PM »
I think ill leave it your right priv i do like stickers and it's a good place to put them and it is a racing bmx even if the only people ill race against is you guys 'ill ingnore the missis and the youngters at the track hell iv been riding these things for 24 years so i should have the bike as i like  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Too right mate! at the end of the day, it's your bike so you have it the way you like it!

Personally i think it looks like a POS!   ;)

dj_benice

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 04:02 PM »
Plates all the way paul  :daumenhoch:  if anybody has any spare mirage GT ones send em my way, yeah that includes you tony, not got bored of looking at it yet ???  :2funny:

electobooty

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Always rode street/freestyle but I liked the look of a plate and used one occasionally.

Then again I changed the look of my bike so often..........

Always liked Zeronine wrapovers ???? on CW bars  and of course the classic Haro and Haro Tech.

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Sorry to be a party pooper, I take mine off after every race. If you ride Dunstable and MK as much as I do youd know why, the wind catches you all over the place at those tracks, it's like having a sail on the front of your bike.

I don't do the "look at me I race" thing, kids expect you to be able to ride like Buba Harris, Mike Day, or Kyle Bennitt (and I cant). Oh and they look really stupid at the skate park or trails as well imo.

If you want to run one, do so, don't let people expecially kids tell you whats cool and trendy, it's all BMX. :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 07:11 PM »
I am with Miles on this, no plate for street/road riding just plate at track for me.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 07:15 PM »
I am with those two ^^^^
plate only goes on for racing as Bulwell  track is so fookin windy 99.9% of the time  :tickedoff:
 :) DINGO :)

zed4130

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 07:21 PM »
i only have it on my racing bike  :daumenhoch: not on my street bmx

dj_benice

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 07:42 PM »
I only have race bikes .......................  for now  >:D

wussy67

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 06:00 PM »
i take mine off after racing makes too much noise with my heavy landings :LolLolLolLol:

se

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 07:38 PM »
You all need Flo Panels boys, they reduce wind resistance by a proven 2.57%.

Moschops

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Thats more of an improvement than you will get from one of those ridiculus body suit's.

For those who don't know to what i reffer check bmxtalk out thread 'WTF is next'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  number plates ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx