gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  riders ready how did u gate
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: riders ready how did u gate  (Read 2525 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: riders ready how did u gate
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 09:51 PM »
so back to the thread  :buck2:, who raced back then on a regular basis, and did you have your own practise gate?
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dj_benice

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 09:58 PM »
we had this white metal thing that was covered in grip tape with a kick bar to release the gate from memory  :smitten:  posher than a wall eh  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 10:03 PM »
OK now hands up who still practices start gate balance against the wall/nearest solid object  :angel:

Yep, remember bitd a few of my mates cracked their frames from too much pressure while balancing causing their frames to go at the gusset  :(

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 10:06 PM »
OK now hands up who still practices start gate balance against the wall/nearest solid object  :angel:

Yep, remember bitd a few of my mates cracked their frames from too much pressure while balancing causing their frames to go at the gusset  :(
I think you may have the answer as to why I broke my redline forks, It allways puzzled me as I never jumped or rode street on the proline :shocked:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 10:38 PM »

I think you may have the answer as to why I broke my redline forks, It allways puzzled me as I never jumped or rode street on the proline :shocked:

Could be Tony, walls don't flex much so the pressure has got to go somewhere so the f&f and bars will absorb a lot of it, the twisting is what does it I think  :(

Better to crash and burn than fade away

LXIX

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 10:45 PM »
bothe feet on the pedals,strong leg forward at 80 degrees when gate drops lift bars and push forward at the same time power on the vranks ,imagine you are getting chased by a groub of bum bandits and pedal like fook

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 11:07 PM »
bothe feet on the pedals,strong leg forward at 80 degrees when gate drops lift bars and push forward at the same time power on the vranks ,imagine you are getting chased by a groub of bum bandits and pedal like fook
IK wondered why you allways came 7th mark >:D

LXIX

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11 PM »
 :2funny: :shocked:

piper

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Front wheel against the gate ...thats the best tip I was given... :daumenhoch:

wussy67

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 01:10 PM »
IK wondered why you allways came 7th mark >:D

LMFAO  ;D :2funny:

se

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Mr Fox having just read your detailed analysis of how you gate I can confirm that I race exactly the same way as you for the first 30cm of every race. After that, I'm fooked.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Didn't race back in the. My first race experience was MK06.

I can't do 2 pedal starts, so stick with the 1 pedal only. Can only balance for about half a sec before falling.

Gonna practice and get it though!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  riders ready how did u gate

gfxgfx
gfx gfx