gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  need to I.d a new frame...Kuwahara.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: need to I.d a new frame...Kuwahara.  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: need to I.d a new frame...Kuwahara.
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 12:25 AM »
not mine then..this ones got a plate for the rear brake...

mines a tube.

hmmm......

Vegan

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 01:24 PM »
I have this frame, measured teh top tube diameter and it is a clear 15mm difference in diameter from the tube nearest the seat to the tube nearest the stem - i.e. it gets bigger towards the front on both the top tube and the downtube.

it has the flared seat tube but it has a tube for the brake bridge instead of a flat piece of metal - on the brake bridge there seems to be welded a washer so it acts as a flat piece of metal, this is in chrome and doesn't look to have been added afterwards.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 03:16 PM »
li,ke this one :daumenhoch:

Vegan

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 03:18 PM »
li,ke this one :daumenhoch:

has that a tubular brake bridge or a flat one?

daz bmx it!

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Same as yours rounded with the washer thingy,these were not added as you mention,but standard did you have any decals on yours when you got it?

Vegan

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 03:37 PM »
It has one decal on the head tube one on the seat tube

thus:

that says Hi Tensile Steel

and the other on the seat tube says Cr-Mo - it's pretty light so can't work out which decal is wrong - you can't have hi tensile steel and cr-mo frame

daz bmx it!

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Decals are wrong,I guess added later? should have tioga decals on the forks ( same style that is still available on the ones you get at rudewheels) and Rhino charge on the downtube although mine had tange tioga decals on the downtube also? they are nice frames,strong,light and quality chroming on all the ones I've seen :daumenhoch:

Vegan

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Decals are wrong,I guess added later? should have tioga decals on the forks ( same style that is still available on the ones you get at rudewheels) and Rhino charge on the downtube although mine had tange tioga decals on the downtube also? they are nice frames,strong,light and quality chroming on all the ones I've seen :daumenhoch:

I could do with the decals for the tubing - was going to get the forks from rudewheels too - plans for yours?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  need to I.d a new frame...Kuwahara.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx