gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  has anyone managed to do the gold writing on seats
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: has anyone managed to do the gold writing on seats  (Read 713 times)

selfpreservation

has anyone managed to do the gold writing on seats
« on: December 23, 2006, 10:21 PM »
has anyone managed to reproduce this , is it stamped or what ?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: has anyone managed to do the gold writing on seats
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:28 PM »
I've got a Kashimax MX seat that I need doing too.  Rombloke suggested using Letraset to replace the lettering with but the size is different, going to see if I can get some different sized ones from the £1 shops in Hounslow  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

winnit93

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:39 PM »
use gold leaf,its much easier than u think.
you can get fake gold leaf which isnt expensive.

daz bmx it!

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 10:53 PM »
you can get it done at a printers that does hot foil printing or embossing,like when you print onto membership cards/credit cards etc...intial set up is about £30/40 for the block of which they can write any style or any type of writing onto it,once you have paid for it its yours, then you hotfoil onto your seat etc...I used to do it but am no longer in the printing trade :( this is how they were originally done bitd :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 11:14 PM »
you can get it done at a printers that does hot foil printing or embossing,like when you print onto membership cards/credit cards etc...intial set up is about £30/40 for the block of which they can write any style or any type of writing onto it,once you have paid for it its yours, then you hotfoil onto your seat etc...I used to do it but am no longer in the printing trade :( this is how they were originally done bitd :daumenhoch:

Can't you get your old job then?  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  has anyone managed to do the gold writing on seats

gfxgfx
gfx gfx