gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  LEAMINGTON NO CLIPS RACE RD 2- SUN 25TH FEB - inc. OLD SKOOL RACE!!!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LEAMINGTON NO CLIPS RACE RD 2- SUN 25TH FEB - inc. OLD SKOOL RACE!!!)  (Read 2517 times)

thombsie

LEAMINGTON 'NO CLIPS' OPEN WINTER RACE SERIES
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

4 MAN GATES

dates and schedule of the series have been finalised

3 ROUND SERIES Sunday 28th January
Sunday 25th February
Sunday 11th March

To qualify for series titles and prizes you must enter every round. Prizes and a podium will be available at every event.

AGE CATERGORIES
Male BMX
Under 10's(boys and girls)(this age catergory TBC with organisers)
10-13’s
13-16’s
17+
Female BMX
Under 13’s
13-16’s
17+

Male Mountain Bike
Under 13’s
13-16’s
17+ Novice
17+
Female Mountain Bike
Under 13’s
13-16’s
17+ Novice
17+

New age groups may be included, or current age catergories may be combined dependant on turn out.

This is a ‘no clips’ race series, riders may use flat pedals only.

RACE SERIES SCHEDULE (MAY ALTER)

09.00 Car Park Opens, Pit and Trade Areas Allocated
09.30 Race Registration Opens
10.00 Gate Practice Begins
11.30 Race Registration Closes
12.00 Gate Practice Ends
12.15 Moto Lists Displayed In Race Registration Tent
12.30 Racing Begins
16.00 Podium & Prize-Giving
16.30 Car Park Closed

Other details TBC, and will be posted on this site as soon as I know.

So what does everyone think then and Whos gonna make it?

BMX racing in the West Midlands
and
BMX NO CLIPS cant be bad

Be good to see a no clips event well supported, especially by those riders in West Mids and close by, so get yourselves across and ride a different track, AND RACE ON YOUR FLATS FOR A CHANGE

Track is 2 to 3 miles from jct 14 or 15 of the M40
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:38 PM by thombsie »

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: UPDATE ON RACE SERIES IN WEST MIDS THIS WINTER, NOW 'NO CLIPS'
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 04:54 PM »
may take a look but not to sure about racing  ;)

thombsie

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Come on Matt, if enough old skoolers turn up you could have your own race. That would be cool.

Actually yeah i'm liking that idea, I'll have a word with the guys organising, see if we can get a prize up for an 'old skool catergory'

What do say????

no clips

old skool berm warfare   :knuppel2:
How can you resist?  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 07:22 PM »
will there be no clips in bournemouth next season  :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 05:48 PM »
my own race sounds good, might get a win then  :LolLolLolLol:

thombsie

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 07:56 PM »
my own race sounds good, might get a win then  :LolLolLolLol:

::)

:laugh:

se

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 01:53 PM »
How's it looking for the 29th - is anyone else up for it? I think I might be able to get three or four people there for 20 and 24ins, but it's a bit of a way so it depends what the turnout's likely to be like. What are the numbers looking like so far?

avent764

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 04:06 PM »
bit to far mate lol :'(

thombsie

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 09:15 PM »
I'm not to sure what the turn out will be like there are offering pre-registration but most people will just turn up on the day, 2 rounds (JAN AND mARCH) class with bmx midland regionals so this may effect BMX turnout. So the Feb round may be the best attended, but its difficult to say.

Another thing that could effect it is the entrance fee.......£15. This is what the MTBers are used to paying for entry fees(the event is being organised by MTBers but they wanted to have BMX catergories aswell), but BMX regionals are usually £5-£7 quid.

I have emailed the organisers and explained this could massivley effect the BMX turnout, and is there anything that they could do, and maybe change the entry fee.

so keep your eye on the thread for any updates.

Also if enough Old Skoolers turn up then Im sure they will run an old Skool catergory, 6 or more riders should do it 8 and there will be 2 full gates, I will enquire...... or if you want your say go to www.leamington4x.co.uk this is the website for the race series, its got all the series details on there and is regularlly updated with new info. If you Click on 'Leamington Forum' on the right hand column and there is a Q and A thread for the series, Dan(organiser) will gladly answer any questions you have.

avent764

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 09:22 PM »
what £15

se

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 09:25 AM »
We could always do a pirate job and run our own race with a laccy band for the start.

thombsie

Just had confirmation from the organisers...........

Included in Round 2 of the series - Sunday Feb 25th will be.

An Old Skool BMX race catergory -  £5 entry

there will be a trophy up for the winner of the race

Also a trophy will go to the best old skool bike, this will be decided by some pre-selected judges( and is free to enter).

The Only rules are that the bike needs to be pre 1990 to enter these catergories, and preferable old skool race kit will be worn, but not essential

hopefully there will also be a display of some great old skool bmx photos from Leamington Spartans BMX Club and west Midlands Region all from the 80's, this is still TBC though. Full details of the event will be posted on this thread nearer the date, but its one for your diaries guys.

Also for any updates check out the race series website www.leamington4x.co.uk

So whos up for it then?

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
should be there, even got a bike now to race on  :daumenhoch:

Becki

I'll be popping up to have a look... not getting on a bike tho!!

2020mad

I will pop down and watch again only this time i will bring my old skyway along, if you see an overweight  bloke sitting on a bike come over and say hello.

zed4130

I will pop down and watch again only this time i will bring my old skyway along, if you see an overweight  bloke sitting on a bike come over and say hello.
I think thats most of us then  :2funny:

2020mad

are you going then Zed ? I may get in an episode of cin city then  ;D

wussy67

I"m hoping to be there went to the last one had a really good day, old skool gate, and a nice downhill track not a lot of pedaling and i was even getting some air without falling off lol :4_17_5:

thombsie

It'll be good to see as many of you as possible, trophy for winner of old skool race and so i've heard a crate of beer as well.

and a trophy for best turned out old skool bike.

£5 gets you entered into both, if you enter the main racing (£15, prizes for all catergories) then entry to th old skool race is free.

Remember, to enter the old skool race your bike must be pre 1990 and if you have some old skool race kit or at least a race shirt that would be great, just for authenticity. Also register under your old Club name as well.

Hopefully Rob Saunders weill be there, he used to be Chairman of Leamington Spartans BMX Club BITD and is/was a professional photographer, hes got loads of top pics from local, West Mids and Nationals which he will be bringing along hopefully.

A bit of disappointment last time with no Red Bull girls although the free Red Bull turned up. They should be turning up with Red Bull Amry truck armed with a sound sytem and redbull tent also.

Wussy 67 itll be good to see you guys from Preston again.

Looking forward to it already.

thombsie

Forgot to say,  if you just want to enter your bike in the best bike contest, and dont fancy racing thats fine and there wont be any charge to enter. Also if your coming along and you've got some old skool pics or cool stuff to show off  from BITD bring it along.

glov

glover 'jones 'weston will be there  :daumenhoch:

jamie

thombsie

Nice one lads, be good to see you all again, we are also hoping to start having some regular gate practise up at the track through out this year, I will let you all know when we have stuff confirmed.

See you there JG

Benn

2020mad

Hey thombsie , what time if bringing me bike down for best bike comp, also where do i go. to the tent  by gate that was there last time? cheers.

thombsie

Hi 2020 Mad,

Im hoping, if the weathers good, that you guys will display the bikes by the marquee, so people can check out a bit of bmx history, and the judges can have a good think through out the day and pick out a winner, so probably display them in the breaks between racing, Racing is due to start about 12.30 so that will be plenty early enough to be arriving. Then the winner will be presented with a trophy during the presentation at the end of racing when all the other trophies and prizes are awarded. The bikes will be displayed by the registration tent next to the start hill and first straight, thats where most people congrigate.

Be good to see you up there, im looking forward to seeing some pucker old skool rides, i'll try and sort a camera out and get some pics, but if any of you guys coming can take a few pics and post them, that would be cool.

Are you going to race it as well????  :daumenhoch: you know it makes sense!!! 8)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
where near leamington is it?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  LEAMINGTON NO CLIPS RACE RD 2- SUN 25TH FEB - inc. OLD SKOOL RACE!!!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx