gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Top 5 Mid school videos
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Top 5 Mid school videos  (Read 6139 times)

SaMAlex

Re: Top 5 Mid school videos
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 08:02 PM »
Oh I can see why RL would want the Dirt bros on his team (who wouldnt), I just cant see how he managed to get them to ride for him. They were going their own way from the start and go jump on RLs clown boat didnt seem something they would do. I guess they had a reason, and they didnt stay on bully for long.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 08:29 AM »
The video that kept me riding and inspired through the 90's - HEADFIRST!!!
So for me its
Headfirst
Ride On
Hi-5 [ok this was a tv show about 'extreme sports' but they did a bmx  hoffman  focused episode - blew me away - still have it videoed!]
All the backyard vids of the era
And also - just scraping in as the first time I owned it and watched it was around early 1990's... RAD!!!!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 10:14 AM »
I'm struggling to pick 5,  because I returned to riding in 94 it seemed to me like everything was different from the old days... Everything I saw was crazy, unbelievable, and so was every video   :4_17_5:

But like the General, if I'd not seen that High5 programme I'd not be here now, end of. But as all the footage was from videos I went on to see in full, I'll not include it in the list. Just wanted to give it a mention...

In no order whatsoever;

Headfirst
Ride On
Angus
Face Value
Wheelies

On the reserve list would be;

Madd Matt
Tense Nervous Headache
Clowns Full of Hate
665 & 1/2,   Not Quite Evil

And which was the film that showed a Rick Moliterno section that was so long they used split screen?  That rocked also   ;)

P0LL0

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 08:05 PM »
I'm struggling to pick 5,  because I returned to riding in 94 it seemed to me like everything was different from the old days... Everything I saw was crazy, unbelievable, and so was every video   :4_17_5:

But like the General, if I'd not seen that High5 programme I'd not be here now, end of. But as all the footage was from videos I went on to see in full, I'll not include it in the list. Just wanted to give it a mention...

In no order whatsoever;

Headfirst
Ride On
Angus
Face Value
Wheelies

On the reserve list would be;

Madd Matt
Tense Nervous Headache
Clowns Full of Hate
665 & 1/2,   Not Quite Evil

And which was the film that showed a Rick Moliterno section that was so long they used split screen?  That rocked also   ;)

Fcuking Mad Matt.........Rocks!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 05:03 PM »
My favourite part of Madd Matt was the Jay Miron section. That ruled for sure   :)

Steve Shindig

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 09:19 PM »
some of the click video`s are pretty old now done by a mate of mine steve and good watch as well

Thanks man! who is this? 

Steve

Steve Shindig

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Id have to say Angus, Behold the wonders that never cease, Spacial Awareness (john pratt) Tense Nervous Headache and On Location!   Hoot Hoot!  Have a good Xmas everyone!

Lazarou

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Spacial awareness! I used to ride with John when he lived in Coventry, that was a great vid.

Anyone know what happened to him? Last time i spoke to him he was living in Southsea but moving to Malaga.

Great rider and a top bloke (bit of a deviant though!)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2006, 11:13 PM »
I saw Jon Pratt recently at NASS.  He's doing OK, still in Spain but planning on coming back here.  :)

Steve Shindig

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 10:26 PM »
These only scrape the world of middle school videos but those vids were definitly the main source of motivation and inspiration for the Clicked series.  If anyones interested, I am selling the entire Clicked series (prepared to order)   - Heres an ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150077101338

DJ

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Mr Pratt has been back in the UK for a while now, nearly a year I guess? He is living back in Cov with his parents. Great guys, 2 amazing videos, Spacial Awareness & Zero Tolerance, but as perverted as....... Mmmmm, I'll leave it there!!!
Mid School vids?
I was always a fan of TREND Monsters of Surburban Highlife....

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53 PM »
good to see ya Deej.....    Jon Pratt is trying his hand at filmmaking he was telling me?  Can't remember what he said exactly   :-[

DJ

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Mmmmm yes, filmaking is his thing, those in the know will remember his infamous "Kingfisher" video!!

kamodo

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15 PM »
I have left a load of very early  props and mid school vids in the uk with Wolfy if anyone is interested....... ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 12:36 PM »

Jon Pratt? Here he is at a bad party sometime in the early 90s. Jon is the one sitting next to John and John.

FIL EBZ

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Aggroman for me. still is now watch that go out and foot plant everthing in 1 way or another.

"I will be your father figure"?
Fil :rant:

stevenage kid

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2007, 01:44 AM »
Ride like a man

Chris potts pumping the ramp!!!!

Aggroman!!!

I would also say twenties video which a mate has till got, a real backflip 180 at mansfield.

Trev

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 01:45 AM »
red ceramic t-shirt?

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2007, 07:35 AM »
Crusty Demons of Dirt  :daumenhoch: oh and GT's dead Sailor oh and Props  :LolLolLolLol:
 :) DINGO :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Ha!!  Crusty Demons 1.....

With Seth overjumping that dune....   :shocked:

teamsano

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 09:04 PM »

barrel of laughs right there.

did anyone else see john pratts 'home' video section that featured him, a friend and a girl 'riding'?

Steve Shindig

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 12:34 PM »
What's that JP video where 2 dudes or brothers are fighting after the credits?  And one busts out some WWF moves.  Classic.. I need to dig about in the loft see if I can find that one.

They don't make them like they used to eh?!

SaMAlex

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Did anyone see Gary's (who used to ride with Mason, Duncon and Stuart) vid called "wasted" (I think). It was a full 30 min of crashes, all early 90s stuff. It had footage from Pinner, Harrow, Lea ... etc. The end credits had a soundtrack of farts and John Dye did the cover art, which had a "Union aproved" stamp on it. I still have a VHS copy somewhere.

the_cyclops

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 06:44 PM »
On the subject of mid school videos.

Has anyone a copy of 'Smart People in a car crash' which was the Anarchic Adjusment vid?

Id love to see it as its probably the only one I havent (except for a lot of the Props ones as they were fairly boring!)

Trev

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2007, 06:51 PM »
On the subject of mid school videos.

Has anyone a copy of 'Smart People in a car crash' which was the Anarchic Adjusment vid?

Id love to see it as its probably the only one I havent (except for a lot of the Props ones as they were fairly boring!)

i had that vid. was it an anarchic adjustment vid? i thought it was a dave slade vid. to be quite honest i can't even remember it. i only ever watched it a couple of times and leant it out to someone and haven't seen it since.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Top 5 Mid school videos

gfxgfx
gfx gfx