gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sugino GT Logo
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sugino GT Logo  (Read 840 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Sugino GT Logo
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Hi guys........picked up a cheap pair of Sugino crank arms for my Mid school project, but as they are gold (all be it faded) i'd like to remove the anodising with a bit of Ovenpride.

Will this take off the Sugino GT logo as well?

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: Sugino GT Logo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:14 AM »
If the logo is intented into the arm, no it wont. I've had to do this, I used a liitle oven pride on a toothbrush, 3 mins later, washed it off. Though Oven Pride will eat away at most things of this type, it does it over a longer period of time and at micro millometers.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:17 AM »
also if its indented, you can apply some enamal paint into the indent, then when you polish or rub down with fine paper, you will leave the logo.....
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:21 AM »
No it's not indented, so looks like i might loose it  >:(

The drive side is a little scuffed anyways so maybe they'll look better just polished up?

Unless anyone has a spare purple anodised crank they want to get rid of laying around?

macmark

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Is this for a rider or show bike? If it's for a show bike I might be able to redo the logo as a transfer for you, the same as I did for the Tuf Neck stem logo. The transfer might even stand up for a rider too if you put some clear coat varnish over it to toughen it up a bit. Otherwise I think your feet/trousers rubbing against it will rub it off over time. If you want me to have a go I'll need nice clear copy of the logo to copy it from and sizes.

Let me know mate. ;)

Mark

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Cheers mate! but this is going to be a rider so i think it'll be okay.......if it does come off then hey ho  :(  but i do aim to thrash this bike round the track at MK next year....and who knows where else??  but of course that 'Thrash' in my terms.......so that'll be poodle around then  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Sugino GT Logo

gfxgfx
gfx gfx