gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Motomag rear Coaster Brake .....Help !!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Motomag rear Coaster Brake .....Help !!  (Read 845 times)

AL

Motomag rear Coaster Brake .....Help !!
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:26 PM »

Ive just dug out a pair of  ancient, but sound looking   Motomags , ive had lined up for a Roger Decoster Mongoose iam restoring.

I want to keep the Bendix Coater brake set - up, but not sure untill I put new tyres on , and have a ride if the rear wheels working OK ?   Seems to be braking ok , but not taking up the drive......      Has anyone striped one down  ::)  can you get a repair kit   ???
Any advice   , would be great  Guys ......

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Motomag rear Coaster Brake .....Help !!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:43 PM »
It sounds like the spring needs renewing, I`m not sure if anybody has got a breakdown of a Bendix coaster, but there should be one of a Suntour or Shimano and they can`t be that different  ???
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:02 PM »
there's a link to rebuilding a suntour coaster brake via the "links" page on pat schoolen's flatlandfuel.com website.

this may be some use, as i'm pretty sure bill's right when he says they gotta be fairly similar, cos the freecoaster conversion that acs did back in the eighties was compatible with both the suntour and bendix setups.

hope this helps,

Brian.

selfpreservation

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:55 AM »
strip it rebuild it and test it thats what i did with my suntour 1979 skyway one and it worked fine after

AL

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 11:50 AM »

Cheers guys that a real help..  Ive printed off that diagram....  I striped it down last night , and its in a million pieces, in a bath of de-greaser at the moment  ???

My uncle is a watch repairer !    So i may take it over to him , one night  ;D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Motomag rear Coaster Brake .....Help !!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx