gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline - Now with pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline - Now with pics  (Read 3189 times)

snav69

Re: Redline - Now with pics
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Bloody Hell , a pl20 . I would love to in the future mate as i have only just got it , but rest assured that you will be the first person i contact when i do.Do you think i should re-powder the front section red ?? as it looks like thats what it used to be or should i just leave it ?? there is dulling/lifting of the chrome around the BB but not rust (if you know what i mean) . it was probably caused when they tried stripping the paint.

Thank You again Bren , its very much appreciated.I have never seen a 600cxl and probably won't see another as i never knew there was one  :LolLolLolLol:.

Paul  :coolsmiley:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Snav, dont seem so expensive now, perhaps the find of the month??? :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Brenn, as ever, got it!  :LolLolLolLol:

he is the redline guru.

Looks like a great find you have there Paul. I've never even heard of the 600cxl.

But glad to see another Redline. There seems to have been a real spate of the lately.

As Tony said they are a class bike. Just got a real air of beauty and class.

lets all go find some more.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Got mine last night Jim  :smitten: Nikky accused me of drooling over it last night, she must be mad  :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

snav69

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Got mine last night Jim  :smitten: Nikky accused me of drooling over it last night, she must be mad  :2funny:

is she sure it was just drool  ::)  ::)  ::)

Hurry up and get it posted , I need to see it  :)

Jim you are right about the redlines , very sleek and dare i say it , sexy  :-[

:coolsmiley:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Tony, will you be quiet about that PL  :'(

Get it built up for the ride on Sunday mate. I wanna see it in the flesh.  :daumenhoch:

Bren Gunn

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Do you think i should re-powder the front section red ??

Can do, I was liking the green...  for a bit of a change. 

BMXStop do the decals or you can get them on ebay, I think they are on the RL20 II sheet. Not sure how good they are though...

Did you down load the 1986 lit on the link I posted, check out the 800pl, you can see where the powder stops and the chrome starts :daumenhoch:

It will be mine...  oh yes ::)

snav69

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 05:17 PM »
Cheers Bud , Yes i downloaded the catalog  :daumenhoch: .I think it would be good to get it back to how it should be , even though it looks very very nice in chrome it should be red up front . I will probably take it to the powder coaters next week.
So Bren , is it an unusual bike to see ie - not common , i wouldn't ask if it was rare as even though i have never seen one don't mean that there aint loads knocking around  :) .
Your help and information has been priceless , Big Thank You  :4_17_5:

Paul  :coolsmiley:

dannyboy

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 06:52 PM »
REDLINES RULE  ill be riding mine in less than a week  :smitten: :daumenhoch: :laugh:

Bren Gunn

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Yes, it's the 1st one I've seen over here, been  a few on Ebay.com but they don't go for big money... it's from era that time forgot ;)

MXII sort of  or less, but a lot more unusual :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22 PM »
excellent info bren. i didn't even know that model existed, or if this was a world wide model or marketed in a particular continent. i wonder if it was a later version of the mxII/III with a fancy paint job. so many unknowns is what it's all about, good fun.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline - Now with pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx