gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  2 Hip Big Boy - any info?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2 Hip Big Boy - any info?  (Read 915 times)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
2 Hip Big Boy - any info?
« on: October 23, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Just been browsing Alansbmx website and been looking at the 2 Hip Big Boy F&F again, the more I look at it the more I like it, does anyone have any info on them as I've never seen them before anywhere.

radders

Re: 2 Hip Big Boy - any info?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:21 PM »
This was a development of the WAL Riot frame. Hence the similar look, it featured a number of improvements. The top tube that extended behind the seat post was shortened, as were the fork legs that previously extended below the fork dropouts, both were done to reduce unneccesary weight. The brake lugs were moved from the chain stays to the seat stays. The seat and chain stays were also meant to be beefed up from 5/8 to 3/4 and the rear drops were meant to be thickened, but I cant remember if this ever happened. I used to ride for WAL / 2 Hip and talked with Ron about this, but then the importer changed from Billys to Shiner and we all got kicked off the team, so I dont know whether it ever happened.

Very strong frames though, never broke one, or bent one of the WAL Riots.

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Thanks for the info radders, what year did they come out?

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Radders - is that you Geoff?  If it is, welcome to the site, Its steve wilson here! Sorry if ive got the wrong bloke!

radders

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 02:15 PM »
The Big Boy came out in 91/92 if I remember correctly

I'm not Geoff Cain by the way, havent heard from him or Doug in donkeys years. I'm Howard Radcliffe.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  2 Hip Big Boy - any info?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx