gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  DADS RACE - THE OLD SKOOL, OLD SKOOL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DADS RACE - THE OLD SKOOL, OLD SKOOL  (Read 1338 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
DADS RACE - THE OLD SKOOL, OLD SKOOL
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Just found this pic in Nishiki14s collection...Does anyone remember the Dads races? The funny thing about it is we are now there age!!!!!

:Great_Britain:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: DADS RACE - THE OLD SKOOL, OLD SKOOL
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 11:14 AM »
I remember the Dad's races, my Dad rode my cruiser once at Wimborne and came 5th.

Fastest Dad of them all was in the South Central region, I think he was John Johns (sounds weird but I am sure that was his name).

xtremepervert

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:00 PM »
John Johns was also a regular on the 40+ cruiser national circuit & he raced slough Worlds in 86. I think he may have won, but can't be certain. I'm sure someone on here will correct me if I'm mistaken.
Who remembers ' Mad Milligan ' from Tamworth who started out in Dads races & also joined the 40+ ranks, what a character he was!!!

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:14 PM »
ace pic :daumenhoch:

T2 looks like he,s about to crash and burn,in rolled up shirt sleeves ...........ouch

one of me pals from southend,he,s dad bitd raced in cruiser class on a hutch with LG,s

bike is still about by all accounts :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:38 PM »
what about Mums races?? My Mum crashed at Toddington (Chiltern Lions) at the bottom of the starthill, which was mentaly steep even by todays standards. I was more worried about her bending my 1 3/8's than if she'd hurt herself, what a caring son I was.

In NBMXA East Ungular land in the 80s Dave Richards was king of the Dad racers. :2gunsfiring_v1:

darren

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 10:42 AM »
stidds yes it was john johns he rode 40+ cruiser , he was a member of farnham bmx club he rode against the likes of pete dymott who rode for profile racing, and the legendary geoff rocky routledge mrd factory rider now runs bournemouth bmx club.
i remember doing gate practice at farnham and next to me was john  johns well and truly left me standing the old git, those guys were damned fast just like the 40+ now with the likes of mike pardon, tony slater and sean calvert and crazy ady warden. they may be old but they still wanna win !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  DADS RACE - THE OLD SKOOL, OLD SKOOL

gfxgfx
gfx gfx