gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 10:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  neil ruffell
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: neil ruffell  (Read 23942 times)

stumpy

Re: neil ruffell
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 11:53 AM »
Yes, RIP Neil....Never to be forgotten.

Does anyone know if he had a family?

I am gutted, knew the guy pretty well back in the good old days

Especially when he said he knew him well....

SaMAlex

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 12:08 PM »
this was a thread I read when I was very early to radbmx. I wasnt sure if it was a bit much, calling myself "S&MAlex" and then I read this guy, calling himself Skywayman when he had never heard of a streetbeat?

stumpy

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Exactly my sentiments too Alex, Kinda lost its way when the question whats a streetbeat came up. That why i posted the scan of Neil (newcomer of the year)

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 07:44 AM »
I was just poking around on YouTube few clips later found myself watching Neil ride for the first time.  Holy F'ing hell he was good.  I logged on here and was going to start a thread called "Neil Ruffel was bad-ass" and saw this thread so I figured I'd say it here.  Wish I could have seen him ride back then and even more, wish he was still around.

Metal illness is a really messed up thing.  One of my brothers (not Ray the skater) had this stuff start up in his early 40's and made an attempt that left him disabled.  The guy was a star athlete and top grade getter in school day but it got him nevertheless.  It can happen to anyone.  Really sucks to lose people to this kind of thing.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  neil ruffell

gfxgfx
gfx gfx