gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the original bradford track, the one with the black ash/sutt surface?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the original bradford track, the one with the black ash/sutt surface?  (Read 576 times)

Offline poorboyee

• Curb Endo
  • dragos says always wear a helmet
  • Rated:
back when i first started riding Bradford i came across an old knackered large bmx-track, the surface had turned into a horrible slimey black goo :teef: it still had a couple of huge steep burms and a start section, the main layout was still visible with old half buried car tyre barriers. the very worn down doubles and a couple of table tops were still jumpable but only just though, I was wondering if this track was a major one at some point? considering its size compared to the original 1984 Yeadon bmx track my local, its was just off Manchester road above the T&A roundabout in the city center 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Sounds like the old Myra Shay track, a fair few on here who raced there BITD.

There's a few pics of racing at the track on the site somewhere............

There is a new track in Peel Park.

Offline poorboyee

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
"myra shay"...sounds familiar from when I used to ride with GARY/BIG-SI/ASH/ORGY/ROB and the rest of Bradford crew, ive rode peel loads over the years since its rebirth in 92/3 :slayer: never been into racing to be honest just used to do bit of dirt jumping, and watch ASH jump everything super smooth and silent like a ninja :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Don't remember those names, wasn't around at that time, know Oggy(Martin).

Did you ever ride the Brighouse trials  ???

Used to live near there, watched them regularly when walking the Pooch, no way could I ride them  :shocked:

Offline poorboyee

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
tried a couple of times to ride the b/h trails and the Shipley glen set up, I was never good with trails I preferred single jumps(jump box style) ::) stupid me I did mean OGGY and not "orgy" sorry about that, the rest of the guys were from the early to mid 90s..good times 8) we rode Bradford center a lot it used to be really good bitd, the new shopping center looks to have some smooth areas good for riding flatland! which is all I do now a days ;) ;) ;) ;) 

Offline alst

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
To answer your question, yes, it was a very busy track BITD!
Sunday was race day and the place was packed.
If I remember correctly, some national races were held there with the likes of Ruffel and co in attendance.
Ah, the good old days! Still have a scar on my leg from attempting the double just after the first corner!!!

Raced a few times at Yeadon but my main tracks were Bradford & Tong in Pudsey.

Offline poorboyee

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
cool man, I kind of figured it must of been a regional track at some point! did you race against a james renton his dad got Yeadon up and running, james was junior (age group) champ or something so the rumour goes? I moved to the area just as bmx nose dived, and skating took over so missed Yeadon track at its peak ::) ::) ::) ::)   

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the original bradford track, the one with the black ash/sutt surface?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx