gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SE expert knowledge required
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SE expert knowledge required  (Read 856 times)

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
SE expert knowledge required
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:49 PM »
Hi can anyone help I have 1983 Quadangle I got from my mate around 1985 at the time it had been resprayed royal blue . I was chatting to him the other day and he is convinced that it was olive green in colour before he had it painted so I was wondering if this was a standard colour or it had been painted previous to him owning it as I can't find any examples of anything SE from that time in olive green personally I think he's colour blind and it was probably baby blue or am I wrong .

Please help I've got to put this one to bed after 32 years

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: SE expert knowledge required
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 03:00 PM »
I've never heard of an Olive green SE but Ash ( Kungfunky ) is Mr SE .. I'm sure he'll be along soon to give you the proper lowdown mate   :daumenhoch:
If he's not along soon send him a PM dude ... If anyone knows he does  fistblump
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 03:31 PM »
Thanks it will be one for SBD if he's right

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Green wasn't a standard SE colour for any pre 85 SE, yes for post to 90 frames. It not pre.

If have a look inside the head tube or bottom bracket areas for any paint that may still be there. The only option that it could have been is the gold for the Quad. If that was heavily faded then I guess it could have had a green tinge to it. Send me a pic of the serial and I'll tell you the year and month  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SE expert knowledge required

gfxgfx
gfx gfx