gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 05:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I think have just knackered a nos white Skyway up…….
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I think have just knackered a nos white Skyway up…….  (Read 999 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
I think have just knackered a nos white Skyway up…….
« on: September 30, 2016, 06:23 PM »
I  think have just knackered a  nos front  white  Skyway up……. Tried to dye it green with five Tropical Green Dylons and salted boiling water , left into soak  for over 24 HOURS at hasn’t taken at all,  it looks like  a whitey green colour, far far away from the actual dye colour it has been submerged into. Cant lie I'm gutted !!!!  I am calling on you good people to give me some advise on  how I can rectify this situation. Hoping the wheel isn't scrap and I'm left with one nos rear white coaster Tuff Wheel. :-[
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: I think have just knackered a nos white Skyway up…….
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Aqua blasting should bring the front one up again....or peroxide.
As for changing the colour I would sell the white ones and look for a green set;;
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:41 PM »
How old is the dye?
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Bin the front and sell me the rear
Look for an og green set

The front won't ever be white again, you would have to redye, could be patchy

rodriguez

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 01:36 PM »
Heres a how from the only thing I'd do different is use RIT dye instead of Dylon and also if you could come up with a way to keep the water hot, I think someone use a wallpaper steamer by putting the end the steam comes out of into the container, someone else set a large tin container on a bbq.

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=51182

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Many thanks for all your tips people. Luckily  the bleach and then the peroxide has done the job! The Dylon hadn't hardly seeped in/impregnated  the Tuff Wheel surface . I am sticking with the white now.  Learnt a bloody good lesson there!

Much appreciated.

SDF. :daumenhoch:
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I think have just knackered a nos white Skyway up…….

gfxgfx
gfx gfx