gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The French Connection! C'est fini!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The French Connection! C'est fini!  (Read 5743 times)

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: The French Connection! Updated with pics - advice required!!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 04:08 PM »
Black grips and seat and maybe a blue headset locking nut or blue pedals if a near match to the caliper

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 12:37 AM »
like Marty said, seat bit lower ..white seat but mx style maybe though yours is alright, and chainwheel combo, but with a disc (bit like Carls here http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,188250.msg1892098.html#msg1892098) in silver and chainwheel in dark blue or white. Dark Blue gwips (...i'm all navy at the moment again 8)) ....and let's see how dat goes :D

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 01:59 AM »
I reckon leave the seat white and add some white repop a;me's , lose the blue...all black is too boring :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 09:59 AM »
Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys - really appreciate it! :daumenhoch:

I'd rather not throw anymore money at this if I can help it, but could probably loosen the purse strings for some grips and/or donuts. ;)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The French Connection! October update!
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 01:36 AM »
The sun come out last Sunday, so I stopped worrying about what the bike looked like, adjusted the seat and bars and went out for a spin!

Things I learnt and/or was reminded of:-

1. I still love riding a 20" BMX!
2. I'm no longer a teenager!!
3. Every bike feels different. Sounds obvious but compared to the Free Agent, the Motobecane's a completely different beast. Much more weight in the back end, so the front pops up so easily and I have to say, it brought a smile to my face riding it. :)

Received a little delivery yesterday, so will be making some minor changes to get this bike finally finished! Maybe. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 11:26 AM »
Tbh it looks good as is.

If it were mine I'd be tempted to replace the seat only but that is just my opinion

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2016, 12:23 PM »
Liking that, top bombing  :4_17_5:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The French Connection! C'est fini!
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 12:42 AM »
So I spent about an hour of Sunday morning messing around with seats and grips and ended up with this:-

As you can see, in the end I decided to follow the advice of both Amy Winehouse and Bodamus by going back to black with some blue donuts! I'll pop some more info and pics in the Old School Race section but for the time being, this build is done! Thanks for the advice and comments along the way! Merci beaucoup Radsters :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Really like that  :4_17_5: only thing I'd change is that chainring for me it doesn't suit the build,maybe a tuf neck cross style chainring if you wanna keep a one piece but for me it would be chainring and spider combo :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean about that chainring. I had it on my Free Agent and had the same kind of reaction then, so I should have learned my lesson! What I can say for sure is that I definitely will not be using it for my next build!

Here's the link to the parts list and some better photos:-

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,188759.0.html

Cheers! :daumenhoch:

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 06:22 PM »
a lot better now bud.. but i agree about the chain wheel.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The French Connection! C'est fini!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx