gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can any one recommend the right bars for a ripper build with flo panel
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can any one recommend the right bars for a ripper build with flo panel  (Read 930 times)

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Hi.
Just getting the parts together for an early 80s ripper :) just need the bars and wanted to fit a flo panel on them too.

Can anyone recommend a set of bars between £50 and £70 ish and will the flo panel fit ? Or do I need a different plate? Also the tech numbers I have are to large and are fitted with pegs. Anyone know the right numbers I need? I did want black numbers with a white outline. Many thanks fellas :daumenhoch:

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
GT SANTA ANA PRO BARS J...
But they are $$$$$$$
There are copies out there..
Or renthal bars bud..
Or Hutch ladder bars.. ::) ::)
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
You need a set of SE Powerwings for a Ripper.  :daumenhoch:
I doubt you'll find some for that sort of money though unless they're a bit battered.  :-\
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Cheers fellas :) seen some gt Santa Ana bars for £299 :shocked: and some power wings on eBay, but I don't think they are old school though. Am I looking for 29" wide and 8" rise or thereabouts? Do you think the flo panel will work or is there another plate that would work better? Thanks for the info

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
The Neal Protoplate is the best fit for Powerwings. And as for the bars you'll pay £130-£220 depending on condition.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Weren't the numbers for those kind of panels just stickers?, I remember having one of them and used stickers on mine.

You are spot on .., usually the case apart from the odd pro rider ( like Greg Hill ) did drill holes and put the solid 'tech numbers' on his plate ... I think they look good either way! I had a blue flo-panel BITD... Loved it !

Here's my Greg Hill inspired plate on my GHP ( drilled holes for the tech number )
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can any one recommend the right bars for a ripper build with flo panel

gfxgfx
gfx gfx