gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How do I tell how old/what age? my skyways wheels are
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How do I tell how old/what age? my skyways wheels are  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
How do I tell how old/what age? my skyways wheels are
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Anybody know how old they are? they are the newer sealed bearing type but not with the holes they have matching Pat No. and what looks like a large hand written number on the inner rim hidden when the tyre is fitted....Anyone know?

Pat No. 4280736

Hand written number in rim 1141411

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: How do I tell how old/what age? my skyways wheels are
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:45 PM »
are they white or black?
they have huge runs of these and they date cogged them on one of the spokes 01 and 04 (obviously 2001 and 2004) these have non sealed bearing and are often confused with being 80's

if they sealed bearing then i reckon 2006. they did a coloured run in 06 too all sealed bearing  :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:41 PM »
thx I see the stamp on the forks I can make out the first stamp has a 0 and an 8 either side of an arrow which the arrow points to the number 11 around the circle of numbers the other stamp I cant make out? the axles are shamfered (spelling?) and normal size not the really long ones I have seen lately if that helps? any idea's Dave? ps they black :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:43 PM by Taipan »

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:36 PM »
thx I see the stamp on the forks I can make out the first stamp has a 0 and an 8 either side of an arrow which the arrow points to the number 11 around the circle of numbers the other stamp I cant make out? the axles are shamfered (spelling?) and normal size not the really long ones I have seen lately if that helps? any idea's Dave? ps they black :)

at a guess 2008 bud

griff

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 12:34 AM »
If you cut them in half, you can count the number of rings to see how old they are  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:09 AM »
If you cut them in half, you can count the number of rings to see how old they are  :daumenhoch:

:tumbleweed:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Are you able to load up a photo of the stamp?  :-\

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How do I tell how old/what age? my skyways wheels are

gfxgfx
gfx gfx