gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Re anodising suntour hubs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re anodising suntour hubs  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Frogger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re anodising suntour hubs
« on: November 21, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Has anybody successfully re anodised suntour sealed hubs?

rodriguez

Re: Re anodising suntour hubs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Can be done, totally disassembled you've no bearing cups to worry about   :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 10:23 PM »
Has anybody successfully re anodised suntour sealed hubs?

Have you finally found a front mate ??? 
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Frogger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 04:32 PM »
Sure did joff  :) thanks for your help with the other :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Sure did joff  :) thanks for your help with the other :daumenhoch:

:4_17_5:  Great stuff , glad you got one mate  :).

Like Rodriquez said above , get them fully stripped down (bearings out etc) and then annodising them will be easy  :daumenhoch:

Offline Frogger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 05:17 PM »
I'm sure I read a post along time back that they don't re anodise or if they did the quality was pretty poor

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 11:01 PM »
I'm sure I read a post along time back that they don't re anodise or if they did the quality was pretty poor

Wasn't that Suntour stems? I could be wrong though...  :-\

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 11:17 AM »

Wasn't that Suntour stems? I could be wrong though...  :-\

Defo not the stems Andy , i have had a couple done when Paul at CCA was on the scene and they turned out great  ;)   

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Who we looking at for a little work anodising nowadays then ? Anodiser chick has disappeared from Rad... she told me she'd had enough on here after a couple of jobs for Radsters turned a little sour. She said that's it after she done a seat clamp for me.
Was friends on fb but not anymore for some reason. Even after me kissing her arse... telling she's doing a great job and we really need her to stick around. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Just noticed that she's knobbed me off on facebook too Nick. Have to say i'm a bit surprised after i hadn't stopped bigging her up after the amazing anno job she did on my now red brakeset.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Who we looking at for a little work anodising nowadays then ? Anodiser chick has disappeared from Rad... she told me she'd had enough on here after a couple of jobs for Radsters turned a little sour. She said that's it after she done a seat clamp for me.
Was friends on fb but not anymore for some reason. Even after me kissing her arse... telling she's doing a great job and we really need her to stick around. ???

ah pants, do we not have anyone recommended again now then? Was finally getting my butt in gear to have a load of bits sorted for my DP  :-\
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 09:51 PM »

ah pants, do we not have anyone recommended again now then? Was finally getting my butt in gear to have a load of bits sorted for my DP  :-\

I've pm'd her via fb and she's agreed to do what i need. Not really sure how she feels about Rad... didn't want to ask.  :-X
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 09:59 PM »

I've pm'd her via fb and she's agreed to do what i need. Not really sure how she feels about Rad... didn't want to ask.  :-X

Thanks for letting me know that. Was speaking with her earlier this year so will try her directly.  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chris123

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 12:56 AM »
Old Suntour stuff tends to be a bit poor to anodize. The hubs usually suffer from pitting. If it uses cartridge bearings then the bearing surfaces will have to be sealed before stripping or you'll mess up the sizes.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Re anodising suntour hubs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx