gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 12:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anybody else see the Raleigh Burner hoard on Gumtree last week??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anybody else see the Raleigh Burner hoard on Gumtree last week??  (Read 961 times)

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Wanted. Huffy Pro Thunder bikes and parts.
  • Rated:
The seller was doing a repo on a warehouse up in Nottingham and had 26 Raleigh Burners, two he said had Pro Burner marked on them. Their was also four Raleigh Grifters and Raleigh Bombers plus around 200 tyres, a load of spares and frame and forks sets, most were NOS???   He was asking £2.500. I jumped on it about an hour or so after he 'd listed it and the next day he came back to say that a bike shop was coming to view on the Wednesday. I waited until Wednesday evening to email back, when I got a reply he had sold them to an advertising company without even viewing them >:(  Here's his reply to my email sent.

Yes, sorry but the bikes did sell. The buyers actually paid by bank transfer Tuesday night without even seeing them !
The company was not a bike shop as we were originally led to believe, but a retail display company. They will probably be used as display items in shops, bars,etc, so I doubt they will still ever get ridden.

They took the lot, even a pile of new boxes that had never been opened out.
They did indicate that all the parts will probably all be sold on, so I'll pass your number on if you like, along with a few others.

Sorry about the delay, but it's been a hectic couple of days, and only just getting chance to get through all the emails.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Anybody else see the Raleigh Burner hoard on Gumtree last week??
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Mmm? whats that smell??

Oh yeh? Bullshit!!!

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Bud...
With all things in life somethings are to good to be true...
If he was a trader he would be in his phone googling this pro burner ££££££££..

Best out mate  :daumenhoch:
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 09:07 AM »
Oh..
And the bombers where shite BITD .... :LolLolLolLol:
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Believe it when i see it... you got a link.  ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Believe it when i see it... you got a link.  ???
No. Tryed to copy the link from my emails, but when redirected to Gumtree the ad was no longer available. Soon as he sold the lot it was off. 

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 10:16 AM »
There's more chance of nailing a shite to the ceiling than these turning up.  ::)

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 12:30 PM »
There's more chance of nailing a shite to the ceiling than these turning up.  ::)

OK. but why would somebody from a repo company (who wouldn't know what a Burner was, let aloan what a old school BMX was) bother to advertise their find in some rundown warehouse that hasn't seen the light of day for years. Maybe it's a bit wishful thinking, but surely these places must still exist???

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 12:32 PM »

OK. but why would somebody from a repo company (who wouldn't know what a Burner was, let aloan what a old school BMX was) bother to advertise their find in some rundown warehouse that hasn't seen the light of day for years. Maybe it's a bit wishful thinking, but surely these places must still exist???

It's probably a scam, hoping that somebody gullible enough would pay a deposit in advance of seeing the bikes, it's happened before.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 04:15 PM »
[/quote]

and there lies your answer  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anybody else see the Raleigh Burner hoard on Gumtree last week??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx