gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 06:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?  (Read 53239 times)

trill

Re: how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2006, 10:45 PM »
the main twat ( mr jennings) who got it closed in the first place apparantly moved out not long after in shut in '87.

chrome andy

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2007, 10:31 AM »
i've been past the old skatepark site a few times recently...not too much diggin takin place yet!
i used to ride that place daily with hoad, fids, mike watts and dave lundgren (RIP)
i remember standin in the bottom of the half pipe with hoad, jan eric and ozone while they filled it with earth and knocked the walls in

gillingham boy

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2007, 11:17 AM »
its a blast from the past i used to ride down there all the time and yes im jay hoad . used to ride with andy, fids,mick,glen wish i could turn back time

gillingham boy

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2007, 11:43 AM »
btw im the one in the 34 NFL top great days and  ;D

chrome andy

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2007, 12:10 PM »
hoad, fids and mike watts are all located
i hear that si hatcher and toby are still skating and have been in contact with mike
ado is a pirate on sheppey
anyone else out there?

piper

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Right listen up...councils found it easy to fill in skateparks because from a Health and Safety perspective they were a large whole in the ground that any twat could fall into,believe me you will have to have this angle covered before they will take you seriously,however that will be a positive point and will show its not just on a whim,always try and get a local councillor involved even though it was them that shut it in first place you will need someone inside,if you have to kiss someones arse so be it,it`s only for a short while.
They will also want a commitee type group to run the place and report to them,they love all this shit,the point i`m making is that there are hoops you have to jump through to get to where you want but it`s worth it,incidentally is there a local election coming up that is a massive advantage and flog it to death,key points are ..local community,health and safety,and future generations........hope this helps..(BTW dont be surprised if they say they cant re-open an old park because it will have involved a change of use from recreation to dormant land-fill,they will put up obstacles but thats what there paid to do,don`t let it put you off)....... :daumenhoch:

rory

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Got this one :

i rode gill loads , how young does jason hoad and fids look ?
ive got some pics of hoad and mike watts riding the blue bowl

gill.b

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Hi its Simon.H,
sorry for time delay from last post (months back) but ive been busy busy busy. Rory......hmmmmm...dont remember the name but I'm sure I'd recognise the face! If you've got pics of the Gill, get them up for all to see...please.
By the way nice to see chrome Andy still about! I have a vintage Redline Mx2 project nearly finished 7 will post pics soon. nice to hear from you Rory....a day at Rom with mike Watts and Andy would blow the cobwebs out of the leg muscles...sometime soon!!from Gillboy.

rory

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2007, 07:28 PM »
i havent got a scanner , but trill wants me to bring them to rom , do you remember jason creevy

gill.b

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2007, 07:32 PM »
To right i remember J.Creevy, I saw he right up untill 2-3 years ago...i still walk past his old Sk8 bmx shop down in Canterbury. wish i had his contact details!

Brownie

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Hi guys. I rode Gillingham from 82 to 84 with all my mates from Sheppey. We'd go up on the train of a Saturday and stay all day bar trips to Jeff Wyles bike shop - where Glynn worked - and Buckmore Park. We always wanted to get to Rom and I've still never been but Gillingham was heaven for us. Glynn was always a bit arrogant but we didn't mind to be honest. We were so much younger and were so impressed with his riding. One day, I saw him 360 out of the Blue Bowl that has been pictured earlier in this thread. The guy was the best I ever saw. I made a point of going back there a few years back to check out how kids were riding and saw that it'd be filled in. Absolutely senseless. They're building shite ramps all over the place these days but they bear no comparison to the Black Lion.
 I seem to remember that insurance was always an issue. The old boy Bob was a character. I remember one lad - nicknamed Lumo as I recall - jumping out of the Rese and over his car. Class. It really was a great place.
 We spent many happy hours there and it's a crying shame the current generation of skaters, boarders and bmxers have been robbed of the right to ride this place. I went on to work as a journalist and at one stage worked on the local newspaper for the Medway Towns. I can tell you that photographic dept would be teeming with pics - especially of Glyn. I'm up for helping out in any way I can. I could certainly call a few old colleagues at the paper to enlist their support.
 Anyway. Thanks for this thread. Brought back loads of happy memories.
 Cheers, JB
 :) :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:30 PM by Brownie »

chrome andy

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2007, 11:08 PM »
yeah i remember lumo, creeeeeeevvy and all the crew...dave lundgren used to be good there too...i remember him getting 5 or 6ft airs out of the snake's head when no one else could ride under vert transitions...i still miss that dude
pot noodles from the shop next to no softies too
be fun to tear down the half pipe again shouting following hoad, following fids, following si...following red grifter...haha
nigel in his moto 4 and oakley braces was the face of gillingham too...he did everything he could to keep that place running...true legend

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2007, 11:11 PM »
sounds like you boys need a trip to rom on a sunday a.m with us old fecks

Dave
haro, how do you do

chrome andy

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2007, 11:17 PM »
i'll have to ask my mum for the money for the train fare

bmxmike

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2007, 11:31 PM »
hi, mike watts here, good to see si, hoad n andy on here!  and rory those pics please.

im up for that gill boys rom day!!!!!!!

Trev

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2007, 11:56 PM »
hi, mike watts here, good to see si, hoad n andy on here!  and rory those pics please.

im up for that gill boys rom day!!!!!!!

hi mike,

i think i might know you....  are you a mate of Trill?

bmxmike

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2007, 11:59 PM »
long time and a bad memory!!  hehe

reconise the names but not the faces, pics please.

rory

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2007, 12:02 AM »
hi mike long time  mate, hope yo can make rom soon , have you still got your pk .

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2007, 12:35 AM »
i'll have to ask my mum for the money for the train fare

I can always remember asking the same question when I wanted to go to Gillingham BITD  :LolLolLolLol:

Steve

Brownie

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2007, 02:21 AM »
I'm bang up for a Rom day. Let me know when you guys fancy it. Cheers, JB

Trev

« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2007, 02:56 AM »

We have an informal RAD meet every Sunday 10-2 weather permitting...

I also think there's a Monday 'skive off work' daytime session happening next week  :angel:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2007, 05:30 PM »
  loved  gillingham skatepark  best time of my life rideing there . bring it back  loved the hips in res .  lots of names i see still rideing hi to you all  if you rember me . john tugwell .   rom day sounds good .  set a date see you there .

rory

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2007, 05:39 PM »
yo tugwell  :)

trill

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2007, 06:07 PM »
mr tugwell how u doin?

bmxmike

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2007, 07:28 PM »
hi tugwell, you still a ladies man? hehe  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  how many of u rode gillingham skatepark?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx