gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 08:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Apart from radbmx where is best place to buy bmx ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Apart from radbmx where is best place to buy bmx ?  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Smogmonster

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Apart from radbmx where is best place to buy bmx ?
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Also apart from eBay.

Looking to buy a few complete old skool bmx

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Apart from radbmx where is best place to buy bmx ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 01:01 PM »
for an honest transaction, with good people, you wont find any better than here, all the facebook groups are full of scam artists who dont reveal the entire truth about a bike short comings, tings are passed off as nos when they are in fact polished turds.
ebay is a mine field, ive seen bikes for sale on there that dont even belong to the person selling them, same as gumtree, stay away from there as well.
There are a few forums still around, most of the guys on BMX are legit, thats if you can get them to ship outside the lower 48. theres a couple of burner forums that are quiet now but still around. Other than that theres nothing

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:49 PM »
Yep, what Jay said is spot on :daumenhoch:

Put a wanted add up on here with a list of what you want and in what kind of condition and folks usually have what you need lurking away in the dark. For instance try and be specific about the era you recall and we will help with a few ideas about what was about when you were riding? Just a thought :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline dp and chopper dude

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 04:12 PM »
There should be a good amount of tasty stuff at MK if you can make it. Last year was my first and I was amazed at the bikes and bits on offer. There was a complete survivor Mongoose Decade that went for a hundred quid and a TRM frame that went for a lot less than they usually go for.
Don't get me wrong, it's not all like a madbid advert but there is a good chance you'll end up picking something up you like the look of  :daumenhoch:   

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 10:36 AM »
Unless you can work out a cheap way to source things from the States, this is definitely the best place, so keep it Rad! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Monk_Wally_Honk

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Looking to buy a few complete old skool bmx

Selling completes is difficult if watching the for sale section here is anything to go by. Nearly all end up splitting.

My cheap as chips Dyno never got near the reserve I set on ebay, which itself was lower than the cost of the parts I'd gathered, and none of them were high cost parts.

Some of the bits sold here, the rest has sold individually on ebay and final tally up leaves me a few quid up. (literally a few quid).

It seems people would like to sell completes but people who want to buy them don't want to pay much for them.
Gertcha!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 12:08 PM »
complete bikes are NEVER worth the sum of parts to build them, this is why they generally always get split up.   :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 12:51 PM »
many people have a constant eye on GumTree  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

griff

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 02:25 PM »

It seems people would like to sell completes but people who want to buy them don't want to pay much for them.

:daumenhoch:

People selling often don't want the pain of splitting a bike/numerous transations/visits to the post office
People buying usually want to build something how they want, not everyone wants bentley dustcaps or special Aston Martin paint :teef:

Offline Monk_Wally_Honk

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Yes I get all that but the difference in price is massive. Twice the price for my parts than complete.
Gertcha!

griff

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Yes I get all that but the difference in price is massive. Twice the price for my parts than complete.

Just goes to show that completes on here are a good buy eh?
Saying that - selling a complete on ebay vs splitting the same bike would probably yield similar results

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Apart from radbmx where is best place to buy bmx ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx