gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 07:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Gary Turner to fire up the torch!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gary Turner to fire up the torch!  (Read 1080 times)

rodriguez

Gary Turner to fire up the torch!
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:30 PM »
OMG it's happening again, the word on the street is Gary Turner is going to reproduce some stuff, what a nightmare, a lot of my stuff will be worthless, this is a terrible day for BMX, my life is ruined.   :'(

https://www.facebook.com/GaryTurnerBMX/photos/a.237467836278293.68721.237458829612527/967947786563624/'type=1&fref=nf

Do I really think this NO!

Why should I?

Good luck to him, if he owns the designs and can make them why not. :daumenhoch:

If GT makes some bars might have a pair rather buy them than the so called 'originals' (nudge nudge wink wink) Vert-Ego punts on Ebay and £299 a pop.  :10_2_12:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: Gary Turner to fire up the torch!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 12:42 PM »
I don't think the reproduction stuff is making the genuine stuff worthless at all. In fact, it has quite the opposite effect on most parts.

I do have a couple of reproduction parts myself, solely because the originals are too damned hard to get hold of and when they do pop up, are vastly overpriced and quite frankly, I am not inclined to pay so much.

A lot of the stuff available though is near on old school parts prices. I have seen genuine Haro Sport frame sets sell for a lot less on the BMXmuseum.com than the re-issues sell online. The cheaper parts, like Dia-Compe brake sets are in a lot of peoples budgets but, through all of that, none of it has come from the era that we are wanting to be back in.

I am so glad my search for genuine parts in nearly finally over and I can sit back and finish my little collection  :daumenhoch:

And I would be surprised if Biaggio sells his NOS (re-chromed), if at all they are the real deal, bars for £299 on the bay. People would be crazy to pay those prices  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:45 PM by Gnarlyscoots™ »
BANNED

griff

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Bit late to the party really, everyone knows the price of GT stuff in the UK  is going to peak in July with everyone wanting to build stuff for Eddie to sign - won't be able to give it away after that

:teef:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48 PM »
Bit late to the party really, everyone knows the price of GT stuff in the UK  is going to peak in July with everyone wanting to build stuff for Eddie to sign - won't be able to give it away after that
By the time Eddie has got round to signing all Nick's stuff, he will be off somewhere else so it won't be worth the waiting time in the queue  ;D
BANNED

rodriguez

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:04 PM »
I'll be interested to see what he will be doing, I'd have thought that the designs right back to the 82-83 frame set, bars etc would belong to the present day GT like the logos, he may have struck a licensing agreement with them.

I can't see much of a market for frame sets tbh, bars are probably the most sought after item because they so popular.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 01:32 PM »
JT said something about a chainring he'd like him to sign
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 01:36 PM »
He should be more progressive & create a new contemporary BMX brand to compete with the current companies i.e. Federal, Fit, WTP, BSD et al...

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 03:02 PM »

Is he making Cruiser Frames?  :)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 03:17 PM »
By the time Eddie has got round to signing all Nick's stuff, he will be off somewhere else so it won't be worth the waiting time in the queue  ;D

:yahoo_silent:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

rodriguez

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 04:04 PM »
He should be more progressive & create a new contemporary BMX brand to compete with the current companies i.e. Federal, Fit, WTP, BSD et al...

Be very surprised if he went down that route judging by his facebook page Gary Turner himself is an old school bloke through and through although but given it's his son that'll be actually doing the project maybe he will. 

Be a very hard market to crack though.

Could probably sell a few of those especially if they go by Greg Hills experience.

Looks like they've already decided the direction they are going to go in.

http://outsidersbmx.tumblr.com/image/114589329688
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:27 PM by rodriguez »

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 06:52 AM »
I contacted Gary a while ago and he was really helpful, Gary has made quality parts  :coolsmiley: His parts are way above the likes of those nasty MX copies, some repop parts are nicer than the originals, made out of better materials like the Helix stem for example.
I would have a Helix stem all day long over the original Tuf neck

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 07:34 AM »
Were the originals cast or forged ? Helix is cnc d right ?

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 09:49 AM »
They weren't cast but may have been forged though

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 11:19 AM »

Be very surprised if he went down that route judging by his facebook page Gary Turner himself is an old school bloke through and through although but given it's his son that'll be actually doing the project maybe he will. 

Could probably sell a few of those especially if they go by Greg Hills experience.

cant see anything on that link ?

rodriguez

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 11:35 AM »

Try the link to the site and scroll down to bottom page 1   :daumenhoch:

http://outsidersbmx.tumblr.com/

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 12:20 PM »

Try the link to the site and scroll down to bottom page 1   :daumenhoch:

http://outsidersbmx.tumblr.com/

thats an old frame mate, pre GT by the way i understand it, i saw it on his FB page  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Gary Turner to fire up the torch!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx