gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 05:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  New Chrimbo Project - S&M Platform Dirt Bike - Now Finished - Pics Page 3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Chrimbo Project - S&M Platform Dirt Bike - Now Finished - Pics Page 3  (Read 8906 times)

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Just got this through the post from a nice eBayer that (no offence to them) had bedecked the frame with *sicks up in gob* Burner parts:

It's the second one in as many months I've seen appear in the wild, I've got most of the bits and bobs I need for it, but deffo need a MK1 G-Sport Fat Shaft front hub if the person who bought Tom's one wants to flog it to me  :angel:

S&M did em in around late 92/93 I guess in S&M fashion as a piss-take or a practice for a piss-take (the HAF).

Anyhow, will update as it comes together  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:05 PM by Dannywhac »
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
That might look pretty good with some burner bars and yellow popper pads  :laugh:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Braced layback and fuan spotted grips fo sho

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Hmmm - I've got some yellow Simplex mags kicking around......

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Too soon for a mock-up?

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
You need to get them bars closer to the wheel for true burner fashion Dan and, you need a super long braced lay back with the seat as far back as possible  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

griff

Seat post needs at least 2 bends in it

And a flag

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
Next question, why the feck where you searching under burner..... No need to find a front hub just gimmie that rear!
Mid school baby!!

Offline Lenny-Lentini

• BMX Legend
  • Cherry Picker
  • New Man Ting Productions
  • Rated:
Hey Brother

Why not try something like this

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,147649.0.html

and I get compliments on the hyphen.

LLP back soon.....

HaHa the Faith. L
you ain't a badman, you live with your nan

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Bit of an update, been rummaging around the loft/cellar for bits and bobs for the Burnerenrerererer. Dragged out a rear gen 1 G-Sport to Ukai Equalizer, NOS Equalizer rim and Suzue HF sealed front hub + axle kit.

Wheel building + beer Friiiiday, nom, nom.

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Wheels look good.  :daumenhoch: Lets see some of the other bits you plan to put on it.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Nice Danny. Keep this updated more regularly.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Well, finished the wheels off on Sunday. Started em Friday but too much IPA = fuzzy vision.

Bars for the bad-boy - tbh preferred these over Slams bitd but could I fook as get any from Hot Wheels:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
It's lovely that Danny. I don't think it's pointless, I like dirt jumps and I like a good frame stand when I'm pissed, ticks all the boxes :4_17_5:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Cheers me old mukka - I'm gonna use the platform to hang bits of meat - win, win - bit of trails and some jerky at the end of it  :D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Soooo, had a hung-over rummage round the loft of plenty - got down some gen 1 Ditchforks:

Also grabbed some stems - think I know which one I'm gonna go with but any suggestions would be ace:

Also, big up happy Chrimbo to all the Mid School bread-bins out there  :4_17_5:

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I'd use the TNT on that  :daumenhoch:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I'd use the TNT on that  :daumenhoch:
So would I... and if you don't... send it me.  :whistle:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Nick - would pop you that stem in a heartbeat normally - I was gonna use it on this but have remembered that I need the bugger for a 'tribute' build :(

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Given you have chosen to do the unspeakable and run SBC bars on an S&M (  :LolLolLolLol: ) I would definitely go with the TNT stem on the bike. If you run a redneck the the opposing brands will sense each others presence, and reject one another, causing the bars to constantly slip so long as they are paired together.
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Given you have chosen to do the unspeakable and run SBC bars on an S&M (  :LolLolLolLol: ) I would definitely go with the TNT stem on the bike. If you run a redneck the the opposing brands will sense each others presence, and reject one another, causing the bars to constantly slip so long as they are paired together.
What about a Redneck on an Hyper grasping a set of Slams Jon... is it a no no ?
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol:

Wondered who'd point that out  :daumenhoch: Didn't want it looking like every other build, and brand loyalty wasn't really my bag then or now. Although I was a bit partial to DK's :).

Nick you'll be fooked with that combo - it'll chuck you over the bars everytime it gets the chance.

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:

No problem there. Slam bars were the benchmark, so it's legal to run them on anything (except a Standard, that is a big No).  :daumenhoch:

The laws of mid school only come into play when you interbreed brands that had a non commercial conflict with each other (all brands were commercial competitors by default). So for example, chapter 3, paragraph 6 of the mid school bible states that no S&M can ever have SBC parts on it, and visa versa. The same rule would apply to Haro / GT for example.

Addendum 1.2 states that benchmark products (Dx pedals, longnecks, gt profiles, slam bars, etc) can be used freely across any build except where brands conflict under chapter 3. So for example, slam bars in a hyper is no problem, but GT profiles on an Airmaster is sacrilege.

Hope that makes sense.  :LolLolLolLol:
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:

No problem there. Slam bars were the benchmark, so it's legal to run them on anything (except a Standard, that is a big No).  :daumenhoch:

The laws of mid school only come into play when you interbreed brands that had a non commercial conflict with each other (all brands were commercial competitors by default). So for example, chapter 3, paragraph 6 of the mid school bible states that no S&M can ever have SBC parts on it, and visa versa. The same rule would apply to Haro / GT for example.

Addendum 1.2 states that benchmark products (Dx pedals, longnecks, gt profiles, slam bars, etc) can be used freely across any build except where brands conflict under chapter 3. So for example, slam bars in a hyper is no problem, but GT profiles on an Airmaster is sacrilege.

I thought Chapter 3, Addendum 1.2 stated; 'It is illegal to make love in zero-g whilst wearing a ginger toupee'?

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:

I thought Chapter 3, Addendum 1.2 stated; 'It is illegal to make love in zero-g whilst wearing a ginger toupee'?

I was trying to keep your thread safe for work.  :LolLolLolLol:
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  New Chrimbo Project - S&M Platform Dirt Bike - Now Finished - Pics Page 3

gfxgfx
gfx gfx