gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 01:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ebay user cargo2fra, sounds dodgy or not
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ebay user cargo2fra, sounds dodgy or not  (Read 5158 times)

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
ebay user cargo2fra, sounds dodgy or not
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:18 AM »
i sold a bmx on ebay and stated only UK.

the winning bidder is called cargo2fra, and it came up as a USA member.

they have a uk addy which is shop airlines, middlesex.

they've paid but something doesn't feel right as they sent a message to put ebay item number etc on box.

i guess they ship  it on.

my question is that if i send it recorded/tracked to the UK addy, that's my part of the ebay rule deal sorted or not.

i don't want to be responsible after they post it on.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: ebay user cargo2fra, sounds dodgy or not
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:24 AM »
I used them when I sold a frame set to NZ. I just took the box there and dropped it off.

I stated that I would not be responsible for it once I had left it with them.

Got there in about 10 days I think.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:40 AM »
KALEX PLEASE READ THIS THREAD
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,168182.msg1683746.html#msg1683746
I used them when I sold a frame set to NZ. I just took the box there and dropped it off.

I stated that I would not be responsible for it once I had left it with them.

Got there in about 10 days I think.

thanks both

i phoned ebay up this morning and they said my only contract is to post it to the UK addy, where ever it goes from there isn't anything to do with me.

the worst thing is i remember that thread and i didn't block them as i don't know how to do it. >:(

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:44 AM »
I had this with a parka that i sold on ebay a while back, the shipping company left the feedback.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:48 AM »
I had this with a parka that i sold on ebay a while back, the shipping company left the feedback.

:daumenhoch:

we're not talking mega bucks so i'm going with the flow just this once

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:52 AM »

Ok Buddy Good Luck  :daumenhoch:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 09:02 AM »

Ok Buddy Good Luck  :daumenhoch:

i'm up for trying it after speaking to ebay as they said they've logged my concerns etc.

if it was an expensive item i defo wouldn't though  ;D

for the sake of others i will let you know how it goes

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 09:13 AM »
I sold some HiFi Stereo speakers and stated UK only.

Someone from Japan bid and won them and asked me to ship them to a UK address and they would get them forwarded on to Japan.

I was happy to do this as long as he updated / changed his Paypal address to the UK shipping address. He did this, then resent invoice. As long as you ship to the Paypal address your covered. What they do with them after that is up to them.

From his point of view he took a chance as he asked me to well pack them as they would not be opened in UK until they reached Japan.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:46 AM »
I sold some HiFi Stereo speakers and stated UK only.

Someone from Japan bid and won them and asked me to ship them to a UK address and they would get them forwarded on to Japan.

I was happy to do this as long as he updated / changed his Paypal address to the UK shipping address. He did this, then resent invoice. As long as you ship to the Paypal address your covered. What they do with them after that is up to them.

From his point of view he took a chance as he asked me to well pack them as they would not be opened in UK until they reached Japan.

from the link funky put up it sounds as if the company open the stuff up before sending it on.

if someone does want from oversea's even though i state UK only i'd at least prefer them to ask in plenty of time

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:51 AM »
It's only like the ebay system the US sellers use to sell to overseas.

They all get unpacked then re-packed and a note added saying they've checked it for legitamacy.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 12:32 PM »
It's only like the ebay system the US sellers use to sell to overseas.

They all get unpacked then re-packed and a note added saying they've checked it for legitamacy.

I just could have done without it really as it's getting bad enough with some UK buyers pissing around let alone foreign

Offline Rabdul06

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 02:28 PM »

Ironically this is a service that eBay offers now - Global Shipping Program (here in the US anyway). I ship the item to eBays forwarding center (in Kentucky) and they re-pack it and fire it off to wherever in the World the winning bid came from. They deal with the customs, intl' postage and all that nonsense. 

I though it was all a bit dodgy at first as I was shipping stuff to winning bidders in the Far East through a place in Los Angeles but it all worked out though and feedback was left by someone....

Good job to run it by eBay first.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 07:55 PM »

Ironically this is a service that eBay offers now - Global Shipping Program (here in the US anyway). I ship the item to eBays forwarding center (in Kentucky) and they re-pack it and fire it off to wherever in the World the winning bid came from. They deal with the customs, intl' postage and all that nonsense. 

I though it was all a bit dodgy at first as I was shipping stuff to winning bidders in the Far East through a place in Los Angeles but it all worked out though and feedback was left by someone....

Good job to run it by eBay first.

tbh it's because of the repack that i have the most concern with.

i pack it safely and pay for insurance to the middle man, he then packs it as light as poss to save money and it then gets damaged. the third party claim off him then he'll make out it was damaged inside once opened and claim off me.

i very much doubt the middle man will leave me feedback till the third party has ok's it. so it will leave the door open for them to get me, when i ain't done nothing wrong.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 04:09 PM »
got a message from these today asking me to post the item

also to complete their forms on their website so it makes it easier for them to post it on.

well i sent the parcel tracked and insured which they have signed for 24 hours ago.

i told them if they bothered to look at my messages etc they would have seen i included the tracking number when i sent it

i ain't completing their forms for them as that's their job

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ebay user cargo2fra, sounds dodgy or not

gfxgfx
gfx gfx