gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bendix 76 coaster
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bendix 76 coaster  (Read 621 times)

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Bendix 76 coaster
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:48 PM »
Hi Guys

Picked up a Bendix coaster the other week, which I've stripped, cleaned and re built, works a treat, my problem is the cog, its a 19t, and I don't want to run a 198t front, so I ordered a sturmey archer 13t, but its too small to fit, as is the shimano 16t and 17t I have in the bits box.

Has anyone found a supplier of bendix fitment cogs, I can find nowt!!

Cheers

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Re: Bendix 76 coaster
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:24 PM »
i think Suntour ones fit bendix or they made them for bendix?  if that helps ,

have you tried the low rider shops, coasters is popular in da hood  :daumenhoch:

method # 1 from bitd, and a last resort munners, is to open out one of the others and weld it on ,   stops the lugs stripping off,   which they will,    :daumenhoch: 

method # 2 from bitd involves buying a new wheel and a brake  :daumenhoch:    :LolLolLolLol:

spied this too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181298236021?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

think i may have some old 16 t ones , the lugs will be shot though, i'll have a look (helpfull as always  ;D)

sure i have a 3 lug drive screw too so you could use that to weld one up save the og one :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:47 PM by oldtired »

Offline vestanpance

• Curb Endo
  • Bollocks.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:36 PM »
eBay USA, like the link above. They were fitted to loads of us stuff. :daumenhoch:
I said 'machine, why are we here?'
And it paused and said 'to play video games and drink beer'

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:56 PM »
i think Suntour ones fit bendix or they made them for bendix?  if that helps ,

have you tried the low rider shops, coasters is popular in da hood  :daumenhoch:

method # 1 from bitd, and a last resort munners, is to open out one of the others and weld it on ,   stops the lugs stripping off,   which they will,    :daumenhoch: 

method # 2 from bitd involves buying a new wheel and a brake  :daumenhoch:    :LolLolLolLol:

spied this too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181298236021?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

think i may have some old 16 t ones , the lugs will be shot though, i'll have a look (helpfull as always  ;D)

sure i have a 3 lug drive screw too so you could use that to weld one up save the og one :daumenhoch:

I'd be very needsome of a 3 lug drive screw Jimlad, particularly if its a suntour jobby, been after one of them for those heavy wheels you looked at on Saturday, so I can make them proper coaster, not the heavy ACS shit!! have a dig for me handsome!!! if you have one, i'm keeping them!!
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bendix 76 coaster

gfxgfx
gfx gfx