gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DB parts ID on saved TA - Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DB parts ID on saved TA - Please  (Read 747 times)

greentoad

DB parts ID on saved TA - Please
« on: August 12, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Hi all

Been away on the South Coast, nice and hot, but the traffic was terrible. How was the MK meet?

Anyway, just after loading the car before leaving I had to visit a certain place and picked this little gem up for a real bargain price.

I would be greatful in what cranks are on it? They are 3 piece, but triangular like a single piece crank. It also has a blue / black spider (DB Turbo?) and DB Turbo crank caps that are in mint condition.

The bike also has DB bars that are stamped and also have a DB sticker and also FORMULA just above the DB Sticker, any idea on what these bars are?

The tyres are Chen and the rear brake is DC, the seat post clamp is MX and the stem is Suntour, with Suntour pedals?

So all in all a cracking deal for less than 1/2 a pint of lager for a 02-84 TA!

The TA is in great condition and the dropouts have to be seen, the frame and forks have hardly any rust and what there is will clean up with little work.

This bike was scrapped and thrown away like so many others, but has now been saved, I'm well chuffed  ;)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: DB parts ID on saved TA - Please
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Nice find . . . cranks look like Sugino CT175's

Steve  :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:46 PM »
nice find greentoad i think its a good month for finding these survivors .ive left mine as was.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 07:47 PM »
is that seatpost alloy?
I want to touch ORB

DR VINOAH

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 07:48 PM »
great find :daumenhoch:

front wheel has seen better days though :LolLolLolLol:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 08:14 PM »
i could fix that wheel lol
and bars are formula one of a db

greentoad

TA Help - Please
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Hi all

Just had a quick look at it tonight.

It is really in very good condition and I doubt if it has ever been ridden much. The post is a cut off Uni Pro 14 (that came out with ease ;) ) and the wheels are metal (coated black). The front hub is tiny and made in W Germany with a U logo and the rear is a Shimano coaster which looks pretty old (Serial CB - E110), the seat clamp is a hinged Dia Compe MX. (Any one know if these hubs / spindles are of use?)

I also thought that the bars might be Formula 1 but the sticker ends after the 'a', were there any other Formula models?

Also, any help on the tyres? They are good condition "Cheng Shin Tire 20 x 2.00" and have nice logo's with grey walls and black tread, are they snakebellies?

I am after some help on the forks though, if possible. I removed the rear wheel with ease and was very pleased with the condition of the dropouts (totally mint  :)) and put on an Araya so that I can push it in and out as required and then proceeded to the front. This also came off easily and the dropouts are perfect. However the width of the forks gap is smaller than the spindle on the front of the Araya (with a spidle that has stamped i l). I then got an Araya aero with Suzue hub and that is also too wide for the gap. I did not want to open up the gap or scratch anything, so have straightened the original wheel and put that back on for now (so I can roll the bike in and out), but is this normal for TA forks that the gap is smaller than the hole where the spindle sits? What do you do? Open up the gap etc or use different hubs?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

J.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:41 PM »
sweet find that, beats me, i/2 a jar.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DB parts ID on saved TA - Please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx