gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 06:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An appreciative shout out to the staff :)  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 11:51 PM »
his 'supporters' that flit from here to there to cause shit should hang their heads in shame and take a permanent vacation from radbmx.
And the members on here that actively sell on that page too  :daumenhoch:

PS:- I love you Sean  :-*

PPS:- What size spokes do I need for Bullseyes to 7X please  :D
BANNED

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53 PM »
And you're full of shit Hammond!!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 11:56 PM »
And the members on here that actively sell on that page too  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

PS:- I love you Sean  :-*

:LolLolLolLol: :-*  Love you too Terry

PPS:- What size spokes do I need for Bullseyes to 7X please  :D

fook off  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 12:00 AM »
The vast majority of people on here are top lads/ladies. It's a shame that the minority of idiots spread negativity like a disease. RAD is a top place, and long may it continue. Thanks again to all the mods/admin & members who make the site a great place to visit  :)

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 12:01 AM »
I think you became grumpy since shaving off your beard!!

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 12:02 AM »
The vast majority of people on here are top lads/ladies. It's a shame that the minority of idiots spread negativity like a disease. RAD is a top place, and long may it continue. Thanks again to all the mods/admin & members who make the site a great place to visit  :)

I'm responsible for the equilibrium.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 02:06 AM »
not the appointed voice, but Rad's full of constructive and tolerant people to me, just like the voices here. Strange how i never see this moaning, sniping and negativity. - But guess it's different when you're clipping the hedges. ... you still need some moaning though
"if you can afford to do that you guys are obviously making too much money" .... no beer for you, honey, come back 1 year. ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 03:34 PM »
Do you guys want to know one of the biggest things to have pissed me off this year and it has made me question whether I want to carry on as admin.

At MK this year I was speaking to somebody on the Saturday night when we opened the Dog and Duck, I said to this person to "go and get a beer they are free", he didn't believe me at first so I say "honest, the site has supplied the drink this year it is 100% free no strings". 

Instead of saying thanks etc and getting a beer, he turned around to me and said "Well if you can afford to do that you guys are obviously making too much money from site subscriptions".

Interesting comment from such a "stand up guy" , perhaps he could write me a glowing reference if I had some For Sale deals go right ! ................  ;D ;D ;D :-X

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 05:44 PM »
I love my Rad and all you fellow Radster nutters, I get so much out of it for so little.

The site supporter tag issue is such a load of bollocks in my opinion especially when buying MX1000s for £85 each!

£10 . . . Come on! It's 3 pints, 1 1/2 gallons of petrol, popcorn and a fizzy drink at the cinema, Fish and Chips  . . . In comparisons to an amazingly interesting forum to meet great people and enjoy a whole weekend of old school bmx every year all created by the wonderful generous people that work bloody hard for only the love of it!

You MODS (and Rad owners) are ace in my opinion. Thanks for all your effort and hard work.

Merry Christmas.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 05:53 PM »
I do concur with Sean’s comments as I witnessed what was said at the time however brushed it off, however I will also say that the positive comments far outweighed that, though guess those negative ones stick in our mind.

I also admit I had my doubts on whether to continue, like a number of my admin & mod mates, following the bad press we seem to attract, when all we do is actually care, contribute and make Rad what it is, the best Old School BMX forum known to man. Yes we get things wrong, but we also get the majority of things right, and our passion is shared with you, the members.

Rad will continue forever, whether it has four thousand, four hundred or 4 members, makes no odds if we have 4 marquees or four gazebos at MK, it will be what it will be. You will all agree that any forum is only as good as the content and contribution made.

So, lets get the elephant out the room shall we……………..banned members and their continued fight to bring Rad down.

We the admin and mods have to make some difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions, some will agree, some wont, that’s just a fact of life.

Skywayman

I again agree with Sean, that I have no issue with what he is doing, i.e. setting up a facebook page for guys like you to sell & buy your items, why not, opens the doors for cherished parts eh. But what is wrong, despite requests, he continues to use the Radbmx name in the title, which has no affiliation to this site what so ever.

Yes, things have been said on Rad by members, mods admin against him, and likewise by him against us. I did mention in a thread some time ago, that I am prepared to move on, shake hands like we did with our fellow friends at Rewind.

Perhaps Steph, might consider this, by all means continue with your facebook page, continue with your website, but do we really need to continue the bad press? Perhaps you, and I mean Steph, who I’m sure will be reading this might consider the following.

Shake hands with the mods and admin and stop the bitterness and negative comments (that’s both sides), for the good of the community. Stop the negative comments on your Facebook page towards this site and change the name permanently without any association to Radbmx.co.uk. Then once it’s done and with the members blessing, I will donate some cash (£250) to the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary Children’s Ward - Rad Toy Ride.

This site is NOT a private men's club, far from it, everyone is welcome and bulling is NOT tolerated.

Like you Steph, I have no issue with YOU, however all this hostility is no good to anyone or the scene.

I would like to think that the gentlemanly offer is accepted, and we draw a line under things.

There, it’s been said, and hope we can move on, it is Xmas.         

griff

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I'd support this Nick, would be a nice gesture and hopefully a good way to salvage something positive out of what's gone on to date  :daumenhoch:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Steph, please do the name change. You know it's right, you might still hold a grudge at some here, but you're hurting Rad as a whole, and i'm sure that's not what you intend. - It'll be nothing but an old story we'll all chuckle about in the future. please, its easy to do now, as you're site's still young -

...how bout phazebmx ..... :slayer: ...or hava vote-off ;) ...everyone'll understand appreciate the gesture and contribute, you bet

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 10:50 PM »
"Facebook is dead....... " James, age 9.  I wouldn't worry too much   ;D
You always need a cheese option......

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 11:25 PM »
"Facebook is dead....... " James, age 9.  I wouldn't worry too much   ;D
  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 11:48 PM »

Shake hands with the mods and admin and stop the bitterness and negative comments (that’s both sides), for the good of the community. Stop the negative comments on your Facebook page towards this site and change the name permanently without any association to Radbmx.co.uk. Then once it’s done and with the members blessing, I will donate some cash (£250) to the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary Children’s Ward - Rad Toy Ride.

This site is NOT a private men's club, far from it, everyone is welcome and bulling is NOT tolerated.

Like you Steph, I have no issue with YOU, however all this hostility is no good to anyone or the scene.

I would like to think that the gentlemanly offer is accepted, and we draw a line under things.

You're a gentleman, sir. I hope the facebook/name issue is resolved - And what better reason to do it, than to make a child's stay in hospital that little bit better. Thank you. :4_17_5:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 01:05 AM »

You're a gentleman, sir. I hope the facebook/name issue is resolved - And what better reason to do it, than to make a child's stay in hospital that little bit better. Thank you. :4_17_5:

x 2  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 01:24 AM »

Perhaps Steph, might consider this, by all means continue with your facebook page, continue with your website, but do we really need to continue the bad press? Perhaps you, and I mean Steph, who I’m sure will be reading this might consider the following.

Looks like the ball is well and truly in your court Steph !

Do the decent thing , change the name of the page , put an end to all the negativity and more importantly put a smile on a few poorly kids faces this Xmas  ;)

That's one hell of a kind gesture Nick  :4_17_5:  ......... but after what you did the night of Carl's get together after his mum had sadly passed away it doesn't surprise me .
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 08:58 AM »
When we did exhibitions at work back in the early 90's I would budget around 25k for the two days,

What you guys do for free and for the love if the community is beyond me  :4_17_5:

Yes there are a few moaning sods that will, like the others drop by the wayside so fcuk em  :daumenhoch:

I come on here for the people and to chat about BMX and take the piss and escape the work stress

I for one am amazed what you lot do for free  :4_17_5:

Excluding pickle of course  :crazy2: but then there's always one wonky wheel on the cart  :daumenhoch:

I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 08:59 AM »
And that Bru is a shady bugger as well  :-X
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Looks like every sensible thing to be said has been said.

Personally, I love this place and have a lot of very good personal friendships come out of it.  Its always the first place I come when I switch the laptop or phone on.  The Mods do an amazing job and I can only add to the show of gratitude for what you all do.

And as uncle Peter said as far as the moaners and muppets go, fcuk 'em

:4_17_5:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

griff

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Rather than assume he'll see this thread, is there anyone in contact with Steph that can make sure he sees Nick's proposal above?
Would be nice to get his response before the Toy Ride if possible

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 11:04 AM »
Rather than assume he'll see this thread, is there anyone in contact with Steph that can make sure he sees Nick's proposal above?

To be fair reading what he put on the site that I'm banned from  over personal differences it looks (unless he's bullshitting ) that he 's a long way down the line of having platform built that interacts with Facebook etc. He's seems happy as he's devised a forum in Facebook for flippers & bulk sellers to sell their wares (in bulk or large lots at a time)  which has never gone down well on here from what i can see & have read.

As long as he & the others (Lee for example) are doing this they seem very happy as they can make more money than they ever could on rad & only have the tax man to answer to as it's all very blatant.

(Would like to say i have nothing against Lee at all he's always been decent & even sent me free stuff once to help me out) but it's clear that it's more about money to some of these guys  than the rest of us.

End of the day theres a lot of people out there me included who most likely wouldn't want to see Stephane back as there's been personal spats they won't ever heal . Childish accusations name calling & threats of physical violence that would be termed bullying (if we were 12).

There's others on here guilty of this as well & they know who they are but I'l go with the flow & the gesture offered is a fair one (BUT) Only if Steph Matches the Financial donation given to the Charity & prove it's not about the money

Why should rad make all the major concessions & he gets to trade on every forum going & gets the best of both worlds? but  in return maybe Rad could have a flippers lounge ???? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:07 AM by Funkyworm »

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2013, 11:20 AM »
I don't want to step out of line here as I'm still really new to the site, but... I spend hours reading as many threads as possible because I want to get to understand what goes on, who's who and what bikes they have, why people do it, what bikes are still around ect, ect, I am on here because I love OS BMX, I went to MK13 with a mate of 30years, we kind of lost touch over the years but OS BMX has brought us back together (sounding a bit gay here I know but...) and I am really thankful for that, MK was an absolute blast, one of the best weekends I've ever had the pleasure of attending. I blasted my Burner round the track, went on the Lake ride, got very drunk, sat round the fire singing at the D&D... the weekend was awesome from Friday morning when we loaded the van through to Sunday night.

What I struggle to get my head around is..... £10 let me say it again..... £10...

WTF!! Everything is given back to US... its £10 for the weekend of the year!!!!

I love this site and I love YOU guys for making me feel very welcome.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let the minority put you on a downer... what you guys do is fooking unbelievable and I for one want to say THANK YOU for everything.  :bow:
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2013, 11:21 AM »
Bendy could call him.. Not a dig bendy..  :angel:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Looks like every sensible thing to be said has been said.

Personally, I love this place and have a lot of very good personal friendships come out of it.  Its always the first place I come when I switch the laptop or phone on.  The Mods do an amazing job and I can only add to the show of gratitude for what you all do.

And as uncle Peter said as far as the moaners and muppets go, fcuk 'em

:4_17_5:

Exactly that,   :4_17_5: well done guys  :-*
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  An appreciative shout out to the staff :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx