gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  1980 Freestyle Looptail Quad and SUPER RAD SE gear bag FOUND!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1980 Freestyle Looptail Quad and SUPER RAD SE gear bag FOUND!!  (Read 1842 times)

Offline oldskoolpk

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Yes, I know...there was never a Freestyle Loop Quad offered but the original owner made this Loop Quad into his own freestyle ride!!!

here is the story behind this find!!

The bag was listed on Ebay with a buy it now that I am embarrassed to even admit...but i will confess...I stole the damn thing for $54.00 shipped!!    :daumenhoch:

The Looptail Quad.....it was on Facebook under the Museum page.  I contacted the guy...no response so i chalked it off as a goner and thought I would see it here or on the Museum with a bragging new owner....or just see it parted out.  What happened next was fookin unreal!!  I had a buddy call me and told me he got the bike and knew i was after the complete just for the frame.....and that he would sell me or trade me for some stuff for the frame.  No biggie...i was ready but waiting for him to get the bike in his hands so he could look it over and answer a few questions for me.  These were the ONLY pics that I ever saw of the bike.

Few weeks went by and I got a call from my buddy and he said that he had something come up and that if i wanted to buy the bike, it was mine!!  I ended up Paypal'n the owner and he sent it.....this is how it arrived....and this is what it looks like!!!   :rockout:

p.s.   don't mind the mess behind the bike.....im getting married in few weeks and all the wedding shit has consumed the house!!!   :4FxSake:     HUGE THANKS TO Rob Farbstein....i owe ya buddy!!!!   :cheers:

Here is the bag.  I think its from the late 80's early 90's.  Not my time frame that I collect but its still a keeper!  Its super super super clean!!

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
Re: 1980 Freestyle Looptail Quad and SUPER RAD SE gear bag FOUND!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:32 PM »
With those rear platforms being so close to the rear drops... Perhaps it was that which inspired the first run of Fred Blood freestyle Quads  ;D

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:48 PM »
...seeing the sanded hinged dc seatpost clamp on this, i see a major resto thread coming 8) ....would look killer in chrome i guess

griff

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:51 PM »
Nice score Jon

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:02 PM »
That ride has had a great life  :daumenhoch:

What a result.

Are they Michelin whitewall's on there ??
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 09:12 PM »
 :coolsmiley: thats ace  8)
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39 PM »

Cool scores Jon  ;)

In2bmx

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 02:46 PM »
Nice find  :daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 07:39 PM »
awsum   :daumenhoch:

Offline oldskoolpk

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 06:23 PM »
That ride has had a great life  :daumenhoch:

What a result.

Are they Michelin whitewall's on there ??

They are dried up Comp ST tires....poor things are really wasted but they still hold a pumped up tube with no blowouts yet.

I was gonna throw them away but they are keeping the bike and Tufs off the ground for now  :2funny:

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 05:28 PM »
Always great to read/hear about this type of find  :daumenhoch: I do like a survivor bike  :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  1980 Freestyle Looptail Quad and SUPER RAD SE gear bag FOUND!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx