gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 06:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please  (Read 10662 times)

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Can somebody please explain what the problem is with using photobucket?  I have never experience one problem with it in 4 years of using it, honestly not one.

Sean, could be stupid me, prob is but my pics always end up random places on Photobucket and I can never find them easily.

Offline nitrohopper

• Site Supporter
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2013, 05:23 PM »
someone obviously didnt like what i said in my post as it has been removed  whats that all about 
build what u want if u like it then thats all that matters

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2013, 05:30 PM »
At least all this shit as got people talking on here again. :daumenhoch:
yeah but not about bikes  :(

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40 PM »
someone obviously didnt like what i said in my post as it has been removed  whats that all about

What was in the post?

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Denzil,

Out of interest, and I have no idea what happened to your post, but why post that on Facebook, when we are trying to make an effort of positivity.

What is it achieving ?

I have already said that I'm going to make enquiries on how we can ditch photo bucket !

I'm not having a go, just don't understand the need?
you are not tied to photobucket, i have never used it to post photos on here

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2013, 05:44 PM »
guys the way forward here to help the RADBMX site be what it once was is

1 .... post up pics of your cool bmx bikes and lets get to see your rides
2 ..... post up your wanteds on RAD and let the best BMX community try and help you out.
3 ..... post up your sales on RADBMX first ... if you dont get a sale after a few days .. try ebay , gum tree, or a fb bmx related page ..
4 ..... post up rides /meets the more the merrier
5 ....  start a random funny thread on RAD and let the good times roll

lets get things flowing again on RAD .. fook F.B.  :daumenhoch:

Offline nitrohopper

• Site Supporter
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2013, 05:47 PM »

What was in the post?
hey sean i only said how i had only started back on fb because of the crash  and how i loved rad but how it seems to have lost some of the whittie banter and  didnt seem the same anymore i said that i was happy not to sell on the rad fb, if that was what was decided  but that i would still advertise like everyone else does on the other fb pages , i cant have been there for more than 5 minutes cos i checked back in to see what had been said and it was gone 
build what u want if u like it then thats all that matters

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2013, 05:53 PM »

What was in the post?
hey sean i only said how i had only started back on fb because of the crash  and how i loved rad but how it seems to have lost some of the whittie banter and  didnt seem the same anymore i said that i was happy not to sell on the rad fb, if that was what was decided  but that i would still advertise like everyone else does on the other fb pages , i cant have been there for more than 5 minutes cos i checked back in to see what had been said and it was gone

Doesn't seem much to worry about there, put it down to a bad day for somebody  :2gunsfiring_v1: :knuppel2:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56 PM »
i cant see why we cant have both the forum and a fb page ? most of the other forums do it without it being a problem, just make it a closed page as has been suggested and ban sales on it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Not me, dispite a shit day

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Where are the posts dissaspearing, here or Facebook?

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2013, 06:23 PM »
on here mate

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Christ knows who's binning them then  ???

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2013, 06:43 PM »
I have just looked through the administration logs which logs everything on site and no mods or admin have removed any threads or posts for 2 days.

So it isn't something we have done if a post is missing.

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2013, 06:51 PM »
I'm on Facebook but not on RAD Facebook, if i want BMX i come here, end of.

Bin the Facebook page  :daumenhoch:

In2bmx

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07 PM »
guys the way forward here to help the RADBMX site be what it once was is

1 .... post up pics of your cool bmx bikes and lets get to see your rides
2 ..... post up your wanteds on RAD and let the best BMX community try and help you out.
3 ..... post up your sales on RADBMX first ... if you dont get a sale after a few days .. try ebay , gum tree, or a fb bmx related page ..
4 ..... post up rides /meets the more the merrier
5 ....  start a random funny thread on RAD and let the good times roll

lets get things flowing again on RAD .. fook F.B.  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch: Fuc k  the FB page ... your a legend Lenny ..  :daumenhoch:

Christ knows who's binning them then  ???

it's not me .

Offline energiza

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Can somebody please explain what the problem is with using photobucket?  I have never experience one problem with it in 4 years of using it, honestly not one.
i use mediafire and its simple as

griff

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2013, 10:45 PM »

What was in the post?

Just an idea (as it's happened to me)
Sometimes if you type a long post and someone replies quickly before you do, after you click 'post' the message 'someone else has posted etc etc' appears and then you have to scroll down and click 'post' again. Depending on screen size etc it can be easy to miss it and then if you go back to a thread it looks like it was deleted....

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50 PM »
I take a leaf out of Skywayman's book with stuff like this, so if anyone starts a Radbmx facebook page to sell stuff?

I'm going to phone the police.

nee norr nee norr

Your nicked you slag  :police:

plebs

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31 PM »

What was in the post?

Sometimes if you type a long post and someone replies quickly before you do, after you click 'post' the message 'someone else has posted etc etc' appears and then you have to scroll down and click 'post' again. Depending on screen size etc it can be easy to miss it and then if you go back to a thread it looks like it was deleted....

That has happened to me a few times. I'm not sure why you have it like that?
I think it would be better to go back to the thread automatically after you have posted then you will see if your post is in the thread and also if someone has posted before you. I'm not sure why it diverts to the section your posting in?   :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34 PM »

What was in the post?

That was my thought John ...... happened to me a few times .  First time i thought my post had been deleted , the second time i went back with the 'back' button and there it was a Red box with that ' Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. ' .      If you don't click post again your post won't appear on the thread  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2013, 11:41 PM »
I've come back to the computer multiple times and wondered who's deleted my post only to realise i hadn't even posted it in the first place. To be fair every time i think which kin mod has deleted it?

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 12:15 AM »
i've seen pics disappear and later appear again :idiot2: ... i wish i could control that and do silly stuff with it.

We should keep FB rad chat as an outpost ...and wher the naughty rads can get banned to :D

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2013, 12:22 AM »
i've seen pics disappear and later appear again :idiot2: ... i wish i could control that and do silly stuff with it.

We should keep FB rad chat as an outpost ...and wher the naughty rads can get banned to :D

better known as the Playground!
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2013, 01:49 AM »
...don't know if it's possible without feeding off of radbmx.co.uk .....might be worth a try though, some peeps here say it has some banter qualities. Maybe some of that is inherent to some features there ... some sort of immediacy: like a more chat-like structure as opposed to a more thread based one, the immediacy of availability for peeps who stay a lot on fb anyway...... just speculating.
As i said, neer been there, but i must, soon, cause i gotta contact that juan mattos guy and ask forsome stickers for me bike  :slayer:

and here's one for steph
;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx