gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 02:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame and forks - de chrome and re-chrome ....how much ? ( ball park figure )
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame and forks - de chrome and re-chrome ....how much ? ( ball park figure )  (Read 2957 times)

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Morning Peeps

Just wondering if anyone can provide a ball park figure for the Above please ?

And can anyone recommend someone from London / Kent / Surrey / essex to do this ?

Cheers

Addy
Wanted any condition pk ripper repop for my daily rider !

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
It's a crappy process.  what are you planning for the frame and forks once it's done?  if it's a powder job then can't you just do that over the original chrome?

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
For F&F budget around 300

Please be aware who ever you use you will get some yellowing around the Bottom Bracket due to the limitations on process/chemicals that can be used these days.

That price does NOT include any repairs to the frame such as rebuilding drop outs or dents  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
For F&F budget around 300

Please be aware who ever you use you will get some yellowing around the Bottom Bracket due to the limitations on process/chemicals that can be used these days.

That price does NOT include any repairs to the frame such as rebuilding drop outs or dents  :daumenhoch:

nice one ! thanks for heads up !  :)

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
It's a crappy process.  what are you planning for the frame and forks once it's done?  if it's a powder job then can't you just do that over the original chrome?

pm'ed you pickle

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Hockleys in Southend buddy. They usually charge around £40 for the fork and £100 for the frame.

Their turn around time is approx 12 weeks though, sometimes less.

I have had 2 frames, 2 fork and 3 handle bars done with them so far  :daumenhoch:

Give them a bell buddy  >>  http://www.hockleyelectroplaters.co.uk/cms/home  <<
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:34 AM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Hockleys in Southend buddy. They usually charge around £40 for the fork and £100 for the frame.

I have had 2 frames, 2 fork and 3 handle bars done with them so far  :daumenhoch:

Superb stuff - will give them a bell !  :daumenhoch:

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:

Were any of the bars stamped Terry? Got some Redline stamped bars arriving tomorrow, which i think are gonna need a re-chrome.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
Were any of the bars stamped Terry? Got some Redline stamped bars arriving tomorrow, which i think are gonna need a re-chrome.
The Haro bars were stamped and the Torker bars had the knurling on the stem area. The Torker bars were shot to be honest so the knurling is a little faint now but the Haro bars are amazing  :daumenhoch:

I found it best to go and see them and point out the areas that needed special care and attention to detail  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:

I found it best to go and see them and point out the areas that needed special care and attention to detail  :coolsmiley:

This ^^^^^^ is absolutely key advice , NEVER assume someone will do something you ask of them if you don't explain it & point it out in person .

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
This is some of the detail I pointed out to them. I told them I wanted it crystal clear and they MUST keep them there and not polish it out.

This is the results  :daumenhoch:

BANNED

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Excellent advice, thanks guys  :daumenhoch:

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
superb advice londonhellboy and others - cheers for pics.

fantastic stuff  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame and forks - de chrome and re-chrome ....how much ? ( ball park figure )

gfxgfx
gfx gfx