gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 08:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Not quite BMX, but my 4yr old's new ride....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Not quite BMX, but my 4yr old's new ride....  (Read 956 times)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Not quite BMX, but my 4yr old's new ride....
« on: July 09, 2013, 06:18 AM »
My little girl has finally shown an interest in riding bikes but the 16" Lil' Ripper I had was too big for her and frankly too heavy. I had a look on the market and found the ideal solution in an Early Rider "Belter" which is an ultra lightweight 16" alloy and carbon fibre bike that's half the wieght of the Ripper and I'm proud to say she rode it for the first time over the weekend after i took the pedals off so she could wizz along like her balance bike. Gonno put the pedals on this weekend and give her the last push but fingers crossed she should be fine.....

I'd recommend this company to anyone on here. The matching balance bike is next to it she is about to pass on to my 2yr old boy whhich is also superb with sealed bearings etc. A bit pricey but get haggling at your LBS.

Hopefully I will have a picture of her riding it properly this weekend :smitten:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:33 AM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Not quite BMX, but my 4yr old's new ride....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:33 AM »
Looks cool does that Spen  :daumenhoch: yours on the right looks flash too  :LolLolLolLol:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 07:35 AM »
That looks well flash Spen  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:48 AM »
yours on the right looks flash too  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:

Does look cool Spen  ;) , Gates belt too ! ( apparently the best cambelts you can buy  ;) ) . Evans say 12.25 lbs , what was the 16" Ripper ?? .....

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Roughly twice the wieght Matt with 16" Tuffs on. I think it's about 20lbs standard so a bit more with the mags :-\

The Lil Ripper needs an experienced rider tbh and is not a learning bike, especially for a little girl. Kappy's youngest lad has it now and is already doing framestands on it I hear :shocked:

They are seriously well made bits of kit - all the bearings are sealed and the Alley Runner balance bike even has an integrated heaset and carbon fibre bars, so they were never gonna be cheap. I'll take a couple of better pics over the weekend of the two bikes, complete with scratches already :'(

They started out with timber balance bikes - here's the full range but the alloy ones are something very special indeed.

http://early-rider-ltd.myshopify.com/
Still limping......

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:36 AM »
No wonder you got a discount Spen, he kept the pedals  ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Roughly twice the wieght Matt with 16" Tuffs on. I think it's about 20lbs standard so a bit more with the mags :-\

The Lil Ripper needs an experienced rider tbh and is not a learning bike, especially for a little girl. Kappy's youngest lad has it now and is already doing framestands on it I hear :shocked:

They are seriously well made bits of kit - all the bearings are sealed and the Alley Runner balance bike even has an integrated heaset and carbon fibre bars, so they were never gonna be cheap. I'll take a couple of better pics over the weekend of the two bikes, complete with scratches already :'(

They started out with timber balance bikes - here's the full range but the alloy ones are something very special indeed.

http://early-rider-ltd.myshopify.com/

Massive difference then  :shocked: , bet it feels super light .

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 10:15 PM »
Yep, it's amazingly light Matt. I think the Redline Pitboss was about 17lbs and considered to be the benchmark for a 16" wheel bike, so this at 12lbs-odd is amazing. Everything is scaled down size-wise, even the pedals (ha fookin ha Chris)

Yep the Belter is light but the balance bike is only 7lbs....... here's another pic of each :smitten:

Still limping......

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 10:19 PM »
You setting up a track for us on Friday then pal ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 10:43 PM »
Nice rides Spen!  :daumenhoch:

So how much are these badboys retailing at then?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Gav - prices in the post below at £230 for the Belter and £150 for the Alley Runner but you can haggle :angel:

You setting up a track for us on Friday then pal ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Already set up in the kid's playroom Ash - a good skinfull of booze and we'll be dropping into this bad-boy :LolLolLolLol:

Still limping......

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 10:59 PM »
Good job the light fitting's been...removed  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 11:22 PM »
Gav - prices in the post below at £230 for the Belter and £150 for the Alley Runner but you can haggle :angel:

Hmm not bad considering the spec really.....plus you can never do enough for the little uns :)

Not too sure whether you know spen so I thought id better point it out.......but your ceiling looks a bit suspect, you might wanna look into that  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 12:44 PM »
Well a quick update on this as I am a very proud dad indeed. Took a bit longer than I expected but my daughter took her first pedal powered ride last weekend and we will be off to the park to practice again this weekend. She struggled to get used to the bigger bike for a while and kept going back to her balance bike but finally gave it to her younger brother a few weeks ago and has been practising since on the bigger one :smitten:

My 2yr old boy is already mental on the balance bike and I need to fit a brake :shocked:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Not quite BMX, but my 4yr old's new ride....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx