gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 12:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Real riders ONLY enter here >>>>
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Real riders ONLY enter here >>>>  (Read 477 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Real riders ONLY enter here >>>>
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:25 AM »
READ THIS FIRST BEFORE VIEWING ITEM....EXPLICIT CONTENT VIA LINK  :D

here we have something totally unique,please read through.

i built a bike for my son last year  and he was absolutey over the moon. while i was building it i had dozens of people trying to buy it ,but for obvious reasons that wasnt an option,

the result was my son having a surplus and outgrown bike in the garden doing nothing.........................................and i couldnt leave it there.

so what happened after that is what you see now.

its my sons old Halfords bmx that cost around £80. its been bare metalled and repainted satin black.its got new v brakes,new levers,new reflectors,dyed seat,new chain and bespoke graphics and also a pair of 1970's Mcdonalds happy meal Batman mirrors!!!

what makes this different is that ive made a removeable one off sidecar to fit along side it.

the sidecar frame comprises of a recycled front bmx fork,shaped metal framework and a mesh base. the part that joins the bmx was origianlly a coat rack although youd be hard pushed to tell now.

the side car itself  attaches by simply dropping the sidecar hanger over the bmx cross bar. then theres a long bolt that goes through a washer and into th esidecar framewok via a captive nut. the rear end is even easier, undo th erear wheel nut , push sidecar bracket over the hole and do the nut up.......................thats it .

theres a multi function light at the front of the sidecar frame that flashes or can be constant and theres mud flaps/guards at the rear.

the wheels are 18"  and the sidecar one will be dusted matt black later today but only in the center

theres also a tool box/lunchbox with it,its velcro strapped to the side car tray. inside there is a socket and an allen key for removing the rear wheel nut. there is also a smal skateboard on the tray too.

personally id love to keep it somewhere as a novelty thing but to be honest itll just get in my way .

this bike is sold as seen, im not a bike expert and i would strongly recomend having the brakes etc checked by a cycle shop pior to use. i also take no responsibility at all  after its sold.

if someone decides to "drop in" on a skate park half pipe with their mate in the sidecar then that is their choice,personally i wouldnt....

the sidecar isnt suitable for putting children or pets in either, yes you could but the chances are theyd be hurt  as there is no side guard by the wheel or riders leg.

basicly it is what it is, a home made one off novelty bike that if i were a kid, would be chuffed to bits with

you could pick holes and say the paint could be better or the filling isnt perfect but then its been made in my lunch breaks using whatever i had to hand. it would look awsome on the wall of a comic or games shop orin the corner of a man cave but thats thats just my opinion......could have it outside a shop too to get attention........

its not factory made but it does look good and if you have a child who isnt ready to lose the stabilisers just yet,they can ride this without being embarrased. would also suit someone with balance issues or maybe even learning dissabilities,its really best for you to decide.

viewing is possible and also recomended as the sale is FINAL , but its at work so you would need to view around my dinner breaks etc.

my biggest regret is that i didnt make it for my own bmx......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Batman-bike-plus-sidecar-marvel-bmx-/130922544767?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1e7b977e7f

BANNED

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Real riders ONLY enter here >>>>
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:47 AM »

Fookin' LOL !!  :2funny:

I'd like to see Pete ( Quadrophenia ) and Chumlee on that at MK !!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:51 AM »

I'd like to see Pete ( Quadrophenia ) and Chumlee on that at MK !!  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: but only in full costume
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:53 AM »
That is ace!!!  Nice build  ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 11:54 AM »

:LolLolLolLol: but only in full costume

After the legend that is DB man was at MK06 , these guys could be the next sensation !  :2funny:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 11:57 AM »
 ;D

My favourite line

im not a bike expert and i would strongly recomend having the brakes etc checked by a cycle shop pior to use. i also take no responsibility at all  after its sold

:4_17_5:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Real riders ONLY enter here >>>>

gfxgfx
gfx gfx