gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  tuff brakeing surface, can it be improved!!!PLEASE HELP!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tuff brakeing surface, can it be improved!!!PLEASE HELP!!!  (Read 976 times)

haromaster87

hey guys got my first set of tuffs a few days ago brand new from danscomp and their the coolest wheels ever but my one problem is the braking surface...

all i have to say about that is 

its like it slides. i noticed a glaze on the surface when i first got them and since then its worn off a little but the surface is still slick. if i sand it would it be like pads and be more sticky.  if not is their any other way. PLEASE HELP ME

and yes its a brand new brakes system, i have diatec hombre u-brakes out back and dc mx900 up front. i have kool stop eagle II claw pads and all so the brakes are good but the surface, well...

thanks
tony,

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: tuff brakeing surface, can it be improved!!!PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:37 PM »
the only way i got my tuffs to brake was to use a oddesy A rear , and some soft pads , to be fair they used to smoke and weld themselves to the wheel , but they did stop me

Rich

greentoad

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:07 PM »
HiYa

If it is for a rider and you want a simple solution, I and the people that I rode with BITD used to smear Coke on the rims and also file / rough sandpaper the pads (taken off of course and then re-fitted).

This always worked and the brakes were fine.  We all did this for years and all you do is repeat the process, re-rough the pads and smear the rims every few weeks / months as required.

Hope this helps.

J.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:22 PM »
coke does work, but if you have some alcohol wipes, wipe the tuffs down and the pads thoroughly first, this removes any greasy film left from manufacturing of wheels, tuff pads take a while but will wear in and work great, dia compe pads work better than tuff pads on tuffs also the cheap odyssey pads work really well on tuffs and wear in quicker. tweak n try dude, then apply coke (not diet) and your brakes should be coolio
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 12:24 PM by OrgasmDonor »

Bren Gunn

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Organplayer...  get that pic of you and Mooncat posted, it's class, and try a find the one with you and Ruffle :laugh:

Bren.

PS. Skyway pads work great once bedded in :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 01:10 PM »
ill do me best dude :)

selfpreservation

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 12:07 AM »
fook me most of the kids have no brakes these days tuffs are a jelly style ride like marmite you either love them or ya hate them theyre plastic for gods sake theyre never gonna stop like chrome adapt your riding to suit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  tuff brakeing surface, can it be improved!!!PLEASE HELP!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx