gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  '84 Cali Finished, just in time for MK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: '84 Cali Finished, just in time for MK  (Read 1043 times)

Preston Pirate

'84 Cali Finished, just in time for MK
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Here's what I got up to at the weekend, finishing off my Cali build for MK. I had a Cali for racing back in the day so thought it was only right to build a replica. I've tried to use survivor parts where I can and I've kept the original decals for the time being as it's going to be used and abused. I may do a full resto over winter, depends on how bored I get! lol

Thanks to all that have helped with supplying parts to build the bike up, any comments welcome.

Can't wait to get out on the track next weekend!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:01 AM by Preston Pirate »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: '84 Cali Finished, just in time for MK
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:52 AM »
nice clean honest bike mate  :4_17_5:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:02 PM »
nice build me loves a goose :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

einarrson

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Nice bike mate.  I just missed out on a Cali less wheels on ebay.  I see you've got dia-compe bulldogs on it, were these part of the package bitd?

jezza

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 08:52 PM »
sooooper me loves a cali

thought they came with lee chi's originally

se

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Lovely. What do you mean survivor parts? Looks pretty much new to me.

Preston Pirate

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:06 AM »
They did indeed come with Lee Chi's orginally, however they're a bit poo so I decided to upgrade to the Bulldogs as it's going to be raced and used as a daily rider for now. Although they're not exactly era correct at the moment I'd rather have the better brakes.

Cheers for the comments guys, I can't wait to get out on the track at MK this weekend, it'll be the first time in umpteen years!

Nice bike mate.  I just missed out on a Cali less wheels on ebay.  I see you've got dia-compe bulldogs on it, were these part of the package bitd?

Preston Pirate

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39 AM »
The frame & forks, decals, headset, bottom bracket, cranks, chainring, wheel set, bars, stem, levers, seat clamp, pedals, grips and tyres are all survivour parts, the rest has been bought new to match as closely as I can the bike I used to race back in the day. All the original stuuf has been cleaned and polished by me to bring it back as best I can.

Lovely. What do you mean survivor parts? Looks pretty much new to me.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:42 AM by Preston Pirate »

donut

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 07:48 PM »

that was mine!!! only went for 53 QUID!!! BUGGER!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  '84 Cali Finished, just in time for MK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx