gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What is this? sold as a Kuwi Laser but not, Rhino??? Help with ID...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What is this? sold as a Kuwi Laser but not, Rhino??? Help with ID...  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • What's Happenin' Derek ???
  • Rated:
Re: What is this? sold as a Kuwi Laser but not, Rhino??? Help with ID...
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 08:33 PM »
I Guess i uncovered the mystery of these frame that have been sitting there  ::)

Also i guess the put some different gussets on it and headtube brace plates  ;)

theyre good looking frames and light, will look good once sprayed up

by the way Bendycat I think my Pro Burner used to belong to you ? Serial ***66 etc... i think u had whitwalls on it ?
WANTED: Orphan Early 80's Front Skyway Graphite 8)

Offline spadey99

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Hi guys

so have we worked out what mine is? Why no gusset?????

Steve
Bikes are there to be ridden, so why do I have so many.....

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57 PM »
gotta be from the same camp..

:buck2:

Offline spadey99

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 09:04 PM »
Just looked at the sticker placement on the Aero with gusset and defo the same, looked at my frame and you can see where the stickers where as chrome not marked and placement length etc looks exactly the same where it was...

So its an Aero? we think

Steve

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 09:13 PM »
I've looked all over and the Aero brand is not like Aero Reflex for instance...I think just a reference to what is Aero tubing  :(

you'rs has the same forks too...

i bought this cheap off ebay based on a small fuzzy foto in the hope the wheels were skyways, alas nay ...  :uglystupid2:

Offline spadey99

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Cheers Wez, I think I will split it for all the boys and girls and boys on here as its taking up space now.... Problem is I have no idea what these bits are worth..... It owes me peanuts but no idea to price stuff...

Steve

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 09:36 PM »
I would say there are a couple or more frame that were made by Jen Min - some have a tear drop areo tubing and some are just normal - some have a gusset plate and some have a headtube gusset

If you were making them you could just add the parts on for the different model - then offer it to the shop seller and he just gets which one he likes and he can sell it as frame and forks only or they could make it up with parts and sell it cheaper than a pro bmx model

wez - who did you by it off - got a pic ?  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 10:04 PM »
I would say there are a couple or more frame that were made by Jen Min - some have a tear drop areo tubing and some are just normal - some have a gusset plate and some have a headtube gusset

If you were making them you could just add the parts on for the different model - then offer it to the shop seller and he just gets which one he likes and he can sell it as frame and forks only or they could make it up with parts and sell it cheaper than a pro bmx model

wez - who did you by it off - got a pic ?  ;)

I bought it off the bay from a guy down south, a bike shop...
Theres a snap on the pro register on burnerworld forum bottom of the post of how it was with whitewalls, where u have put the serial of frame and forks ***66* alongside it ...

Here it is now ..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:06 PM by Wez »

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 10:35 PM »
I remember this one on the bay  ;) sadly i didn't own this one - i just asked about the serial numbers for the register on Burnerworld - I do have one now and have sold another to Neil ~ missed one at a car show as the guy said it was now his sons, and he was going to keep it - will ask again soon if he want's to sell it

you have done a top job there - does yours get ridden ? they are a very sweet ride  >:D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Wez

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 09:53 AM »
I remember this one on the bay  ;) sadly i didn't own this one - i just asked about the serial numbers for the register on Burnerworld - I do have one now and have sold another to Neil ~ missed one at a car show as the guy said it was now his sons, and he was going to keep it - will ask again soon if he want's to sell it

you have done a top job there - does yours get ridden ? they are a very sweet ride  >:D

Yea had a shuffle round my village hen fitted the headset, silky motion  8) just waiting on some dry sun now

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What is this? sold as a Kuwi Laser but not, Rhino??? Help with ID...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx