gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help on crank sizing please...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help on crank sizing please...  (Read 483 times)

Howser

Help on crank sizing please...
« on: December 31, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Hi - I'm after some advice on the sizing of cranks please. Probably a silly question to ask but just wanted to make sure I buy the right ones to fit the bike I am building -  which you've probably worked out is my first build   :D

I'm looking at one piece cranks and understand the length sizes but what does the numbering 28t and 24t stand for?  Most seem to be 28t but I've seen some 24t. Not sure what the difference is and what ones would fit my bike, which is an 84 mongoose Californian.

Also - can anyone please help me with the type/size bottom brackets do I need to look out for to go with the bike?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated  :daumenhoch:

Many thanks

Hootski70

Re: Help on crank sizing please...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 10:40 PM »
tpi stands for threads per inch , most one piece cranks and bottom brackets  are 24tpi  ,older mongoose on the other hand are 28 tpi , hope this helps .

Howser

Re: Help on crank sizing please...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Thanks and that makes sense. Sounds like i should be ok providing I keep to the same numbering for both crank and bb.

Cheers for the advice  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help on crank sizing please...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx