gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 08:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Nonsuch Park
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nonsuch Park  (Read 2197 times)

thefifthmember

Nonsuch Park
« on: December 28, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Went for a post Christmas burn off the meal walk today and found these trails in Nonsuch Park. Not been there for 22 years, boy has it come on a bit.

Couldn't get any closer as there is a fence around it now and with the time of year it is it was all locked up.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Nonsuch Park
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:31 PM »
not been there in years as used to ride it bitd and looks like most of the trees are gone as used to be well overgrown and you could ride it when it was raining . remember the old dropbowl and can`t remember the names of the other bits
no1stuntmaster on instagram

thefifthmember

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 05:41 PM »
It was basically a bomb crater when I last went there. My old man said the same. It was the first time he had seen it since he rode a bike there 46 years ago! That really is old school!

750Rush

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:57 PM »
I live in Morden, not far away from Nonsuch Park. I have run a few 10km races there and had loada,of walks with my wife and son but never knew these jumps were there :D They are at the Ewell end of the park, so I'll be riding over there soon to check them out. How high can a 40 year old jump an old Burner :crazy2:

thefifthmember

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 05:07 PM »
It is a lot more accessible than it used to be - basically go to a road called Bluegates and you can get through there into the park and it is just on your right.

It is fenced in and not open at this time of the year but I will be keeping an eye on it and keep you posted.

750Rush

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Many thNks for the info. Are you local too?

thefifthmember

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 09:25 PM »
My mum and dad live in Ewell, I grew up there.

As I said the last time I was there was on a mountain bike in about 1990. It was effectively just a great big hole then with maybe two jumps maximum. Searching around on the internet showed that plenty of work had gone into it so I wanted the check it out first hand.

mattuknc

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 10:03 PM »
I did my first ever no-hander out that bowl!  :D Happy days.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Nonsuch Park

gfxgfx
gfx gfx