gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Some fun old stuff...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Some fun old stuff...  (Read 7334 times)

Jesse

Some fun old stuff...
« on: July 17, 2006, 01:30 AM »
More to come...

BMX Action Bike, Jan 1987

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Some fun old stuff...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:40 AM »

they all look like performers to me

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:14 AM »
they were pete
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:59 AM »
Looks like your garage Pete...

bsdforever

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02 AM »
i love that pic!

after that we all used to make McPies with our bikes outside McDonalds

I have a pic from Southsae King of Concrete in '89 of a pie of around 60 bikes, I'll have to try and dig that out

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 04:46 PM »

they all look like performers to me

yep big pile of shite!!!

Dave
haro, how do you do

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 05:03 PM »
is that jess dyrenforth who posted ?  :daumenhoch:

Jesse

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Sorry, no.

FIL EBZ

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 10:33 PM »
We made 1 with about 50 bikes in side safeways in sheffield about 91 the security guards didn`t have a clue what the hell was going on !! :smiley6600:

ronnie360

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 05:31 PM »
well i think you are all mad  :crazy2: :idiot2: :LolLolLolLol:

Jesse

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 06:34 AM »
And some more...

bsdforever

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 09:20 AM »
anarchic adjustment stuff rules! i have a big collection of it including that shirt with the hand on it in the above advert

Ramp Rat

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 01:41 AM »
Yep - those are all GT Performers, that was the bike to have back then....we used to tangle them up to stop the tea leaves....we then drank a load of snake bites and rode 2 quarter pipes back to back on the stage at Delirium night club at the Astoria, the ramps were 7 feet wide and we were twisted from the snake bites so we ended up coming off the side of the ramps, what a laugh ....my GT Performer got nicked here in LA back in '91  :knuppel2: should have tangled it up better   :uglystupid2:

Jesse

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 06:20 PM »
And some more - a couple for D...

bsdforever

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 07:38 PM »
so good! damon, do you still ride?

the whole BMX Action Bike/R.A.D./London thing was great, craig campbell, tony mckenzie, nick philip, damon nicholls, mud machine, stussy, anarchic, dave currey etc etc that's what i was brought up on and i loved every bit of it!

Jesse

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 07:03 AM »
And some more...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:53 PM by Jess (no, not Dyrenforth) »

Ramp Rat

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Cheers Jess  - Yeah - I loved that scene too, it was really raw and exiting, Nick Philips had a cool vision, anti-establishment, (burning UKBFA membership cards like the hippies did in the '60's.) It was great to get away from the sheen, slick racing uniforms, the tight rules of competition (Competiton killed the buzz for a lot of freestylers) and embrace the surf/skate attitude and clothing, BMX had already borrowed the waves/pools, ramps, and skateparks, why not borrow the clothing too. It was a natural progression that Nick saw early on, with the help from Tim (TLB) at BMXAB (who had a whole career shooting skateboarders 10 years earlier). They used BMXAB / RAD to get the word out. Preacher Man. Proper ganga.

I used to go down to Skate City at London Bridge and South Bank with my older brother back in '77, I loved it, I was 8 at the time. Then going back to South Bank on a BMX, or down to ROM on a BMX, it was so friggin beautiful and exciting. Street skating blew up in '85 and again the natural progression was to imitate, borrow from the skateboarders, backside boneless, foot plants, wall rides, the city became your new skatepark. Then the scooter appeared, a cross between a BMX and a skateboard, the two had merged, it was a little cheesey, but again, a natural eveloution of the times. I'm going on a bit here, had too much coffee.

They were great times to be alive....

I don't ride a BMX anymore, I tried it last year at my local skatepark in Santa Monica on an pld PK Ripper, but I had no-one else to ride with and I got bored. I've been getting into Surfing, Tony Mac lives down the road, so we get up at 6.30 am and go out and ride waves, feels fantastic, plus it gets me in shape. So it's a full circle.....got to have that rush somehow, 7 ft - 10 ft transition is a beautiful thing. 7 ft tranny that's moving is an insane rush to the head.

Alright back to my boring job...cheers again Jess. 

Jesse

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Good to hear from you Damon.
Looks like everyone made it out to CA huh? I know Jess is in Santa Ana, you're there, last heard Nick was working on Hollywood movies, Mule Man is running his clothing agency in LA too. What about Mr Horseye himself, Dave Currey? Is he there too?
I doubt you'd remember me but I used to ride and skate with the Fairfields crowd (Rayman etc)... as for me, 4 years in NY and now in Miami... loving life, building my rides (currently 3 GTs) and waiting upon the arrival of my first child...  :4_17_5:

Oh, here's a lil' something else...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:17 PM by Jess (no, not Dyrenforth) »

Jesse

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 07:36 PM »
And one more...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:25 PM by Jess (no, not Dyrenforth) »

Ramp Rat

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Nice one Jess - love the piss in the corner pic, real Anachy. Yeah - Jess's in Santa Ana with his clothing company 'England Clothing', Nick's up in San Francisco last I heard, making music? clothing? Horseye's in London, we exchanged email, I think he's a web developer, Paul Wright's in OC, Ca with strife and 2 dustbin lids. Congrats on your new adition, I have a 19 month old and one on the way, it;s a beautiful thing. I remember fairfield halls with Raymond, peewee and a bunch of other crazy rippers.

Enjoy your GT's

Cheers for the memories.....damon

Jesse

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 07:26 AM »
Andy emailed me and asked me for anything that had him in it... here's what I found - mostly skate pics i'm afraid Andy.
Oh, and in the wallride pic... the kid in background with the pink OP t-shirt on is me, 14 years old lol...

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 12:10 PM »
And one more...

Nice one Jess - if my memory serves me right that top pic was taken at a building in Slough we used to ride...rad memories...keep 'em coming!

:daumenhoch:

andy619

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Thank you Jess.  I lost two of those pictures and had never seen the other two. :daumenhoch:

P0LL0

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 03:31 PM »
i love that pic!

after that we all used to make McPies with our bikes outside McDonalds

I have a pic from Southsae King of Concrete in '89 of a pie of around 60 bikes, I'll have to try and dig that out

My Bike was in that pile!

Ramp Rat

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Andy - I forgot how much you ripped on a skateboard! These pics are wicked, and those one-footer's at Chingford went so high with pure style!! You ruled that day   :4_17_5:

Nice to see you on a bike again at Carlo's ramp. Any time your in Santa Monica, give me a call, love to hang out.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Some fun old stuff...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx