gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975629 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 04:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The "Get Paul Barlow Freestyle rider back on a BMX" thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The "Get Paul Barlow Freestyle rider back on a BMX" thread  (Read 21011 times)

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
Re: The "Get Paul Barlow Freestyle rider back on a BMX" thread
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Ohhhhooo. My names Tommy Remember him !!  

your bringing back memories there,  Blackburn  ::) i remember those ones my god almighty  we were not in sane  control mate and my Metro and XR2MK1 Jesus man

I remember Grovesy and his ET £180 new that was, we rode with him at Pemberton, rose bridge school and winky woods, Mantadave ( Dave Ownens) on here to on his PK Ripper and his mates, Tony Law, Dylan Clayton, Daz McHugh loads of names I remember.

I remember skateboarding at Wigan rink on the half pipe

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:58 PM by BADDH »
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

TimBB

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 08:37 PM »
I remember your Metro and the mint  Red XR2 MK1 
Great memories mate..

I remember out jumping  Grovesy and his ET on my ultra burner @ rose bridge school at the back west ward labour club as for , Mantadave ( Dave Owens) his was the first PK I ever saw, as he lived round the corner from my mum and dads  and yeah I remember Tony Law, Dylan Clayton, Daz McHugh
Et  al. Yeah some memories are ace

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Updated thread

As I understand now we  are outstanding only  a few bits now  :daumenhoch:

1. White or blue seat (poss white Aero from Nelly coming)
2. Blue Seat clamp
3. Chrome  Laid back post
4. Blue or green Brake cables
5. Crank
6. Blue Grips

Nearly there guys and in record time too  :4_17_5:

Once were complete I will list again were all the parts and who kindly donated thanks lads keep the thread going please cheers for tge support  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:48 PM by BADDH »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I have a layback and blue grips Daz, I'll text Joff now.

Sorry, only just spotted this thread. :-[

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

leehunt1

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I have a suntour arrow seat clamp that I have bead blasted ready to be painted, I can do a custom blue paint on it
should look cool, may take me a couple of weeks to get it to you tho is that ok..?

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2012, 09:14 PM »
I have a layback and blue grips Daz, I'll text Joff now.

Sorry, only just spotted this thread. :-[

Thanks Dan , just txt'd my address to you  ;) 

:4_17_5:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 09:18 PM »
I have a suntour arrow seat clamp that I have bead blasted ready to be painted, I can do a custom blue paint on it
should look cool, may take me a couple of weeks to get it to you tho is that ok..?

If your happy doing that Lee it would be great , should be a nice custom clamp for the build  8) No massive rush mate , im still stripping/prepping the frame and forks  :D

Thanks again  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Got it Joff, happy to help. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

leehunt1

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 09:25 PM »

If your happy doing that Lee it would be great , should be a nice custom clamp for the build  8) No massive rush mate , im still stripping/prepping the frame and forks  :D

Thanks again  :daumenhoch:

Ok consider it done..!

Online hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Darren. I am sure his name was Dave Arnold? lived in Ashton in makerfield he had a ramp in his back garden, he also did skateboarding and was into lake jumping also went with him a few times but didn't have the nerve to do it!! think it was Jumbles country park people ding bouble back flips into water etc!

@8.24 mins on the first you tube clip,there's a lad wearing a Jail Cell Recipes sweatshirt. That was Dave Arnolds band,signed to Alans Records. Small world  ;)

paulb113

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2012, 11:09 PM »
The guy in the t-shirt was Dave Arnold as far as I can remember it was a jump they built in Ashton in makersfield . I was lucky I didn't hurt myself on that fall.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2012, 11:17 PM »
suprised no ones mentioned Scott and Paul Hanson yet , they had robo R gussets , or Jason Brown all originally from Highfield . also Alister head who is a member on here "R AL " .   also Steven Grace aka Gracey from Hawkley Hall . and Stey Penk from newtown he had a torker  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:20 AM by Badbaldie »

Online hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31 PM »
The guy in the t-shirt was Dave Arnold as far as I can remember it was a jump they built in Ashton in makersfield . I was lucky I didn't hurt myself on that fall.

It certainly sounds like him.

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36 PM »
suprised no ones mentioned Scott and Paul Hanson yet , they had robo R gussets , or Jason Brown all originally from Highfield . also Alister head who is a member on here "R AL " .   also Steven Grace aka Gracey from Hawkley Hall .  :daumenhoch:

I know them lot Lenster    :daumenhoch:   Right I am off to get Owens on this thread too  

I rode a lot on my Auties estate to behind the Ben Johnson at Marus Bridge with Dylan, Lee and a few lads on there we used to go the three sisters over the backs,  tell you what though that King Kong used to scare me as a lad and those whoops bit hard when you Cased them .... I've still got the dents in my shins to prove that.

The first Race I did there was on my Pro Star with Yellow Skyways off a mates Tuff burner, weighted a ton but I won both Moto's don't think I took a breath all the way round ..... Saw stars passing over the finishing line.  :idiot2:

Last parts required

1. Crank
2. Brake cables to suit a Giro in blue or white or green.

Tats it after this I think lads.  :4_17_5:

If I do say so myself I am blown away with you all in this thread, Once were powdered and building we Promise this is going to get even better when you see the plans we have with this one.

If your at all  Nostalgic your gonna like this  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:46 PM by BADDH »

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2012, 12:30 AM »
ok guys , found these old pics on "Wigan World" wont mean much to those of you that are not local. but im sure these will bring floods of memories back to the Wigan Lads  the tips at Pemberton station and the hill they called the "yo yo ":daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2012, 12:36 AM »
Darren. I am sure his name was Dave Arnold? lived in Ashton in makerfield he had a ramp in his back garden, he also did skateboarding and was into lake jumping also went with him a few times but didn't have the nerve to do it!! think it was Jumbles country park people ding bouble back flips into water etc!

Dave Arnold came on RADTOR .

left is Brian Jones from Hindley rode for mongoose. middle back to camera Jason Ramsden rode for Robinson ,on the right tall and bald is the man himself Craig Burrows

heres Dave Arnold on the bike and Tony Law stood on the table

and John Lees turn on the bike

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:03 AM by Badbaldie »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 12:58 AM »

Bloody hell my missus is from ashton in makerfield and lived there most of her life. Will be showing here this thread in the morning  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2012, 01:19 AM »
suprised no ones mentioned Scott and Paul Hanson yet , they had robo R gussets , or Jason Brown all originally from Highfield . also Alister head who is a member on here "R AL " .   also Steven Grace aka Gracey from Hawkley Hall .  :daumenhoch:

I know them lot Lenster    :daumenhoch:   Right I am off to get Owens on this thread too  

I rode a lot on my Auties estate to behind the Ben Johnson at Marus Bridge with Dylan, Lee and a few lads on there we used to go the three sisters over the backs,  tell you what though that King Kong used to scare me as a lad and those whoops bit hard when you Cased them .... I've still got the dents in my shins to prove that.

The first Race I did there was on my Pro Star with Yellow Skyways off a mates Tuff burner, weighted a ton but I won both Moto's don't think I took a breath all the way round ..... Saw stars passing over the finishing line.  :idiot2:

Last parts required

1. Crank
2. Brake cables to suit a Giro in blue or white or green.

Tats it after this I think lads.  :4_17_5:

If I do say so myself I am blown away with you all in this thread, Once were powdered and building we Promise this is going to get even better when you see the plans we have with this one.

If your at all  Nostalgic your gonna like this  :daumenhoch:

Dazza i have one of Dylans Sunn race frames complete with race battle scares . :coolsmiley:  i will delve into the attic of old school and take a pic to post up tomoz . o yeah and dig them tyers out too  :daumenhoch:

paulb113

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2012, 05:27 AM »
yeah...still live there....that's me and then Robbie the singer at 9 mins 15 secs watching the kids taking the beatdown!

Above is a reply from Dave Arnold on Facebook. Were was the pub? It looks like the poacher in Winstanley?

I remember the tips near Pemberton train station very well and watching Dylan Claton jump over a massive gap there.

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2012, 06:50 AM »
Yes Paul it was the Poacher, right next to Winky woods that's still there today with loads of jumps, the kids call one the Coffin, I thought it was a smallish lump on the ground.  :LolLolLolLol: 

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Gyro cables in blue or green you might struggle for on here... upper and lower GT ones on ebay for a tenner  :daumenhoch:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-BMX-Gyro-Brake-Cables-UPPER-LOWER-both-for-9-99-/140571138558?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item20bab159fe

holla at me if no one flows a crank ... I can find a one piece for sure  :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

TimBB

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15 AM »
OK so going off topic again, However i cannot let the pictures posted by BADBALDIE pass without comment.
Some VERY fond and life changing memories from those pictures, "the yo yo", the  big hill, rode down there a number of times, however on the first attempt i blacked out and arrived black, blue and winded at the bottom.
 There was a half pipe well sort of which was really hard to get  out of, in the middle of the tips. Along with other random jumps.

Along the side of the railway line there was a small set of jumps and ramdom peices of plywood,of which we made a reasonable jump, of which i manged to get fully flat out with a table top and get stung by a wasp in mid flight which resulted in me ditching in mid air and arriving on the floor back, blue bruised and winded  and at the far end of the tips there was an indoor track, Ahhh so many memories.

Steve pank, Si Brown, infact all of the names menitoned i have fallen off with all of them. :LolLolLolLol:

Thanks again,
TimBB

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2012, 08:33 AM »
a few more riding spots not mentioned yet .......... Pony Dick small bit of slag heap, Jays wood. behind Jason Browns house up in Winstanley were the older lads made a track were you jumped over the tarmac path leading into the woods,  the Slipper works just of Tunstal lane , were the big wooden gates fell of their hinges and were made into a hugh jump. Triangle Valve loads of jumps.drop offs and made around there.

Online hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2012, 08:45 AM »

Dave Arnold came on RADTOR .

left is Brian Jones from Hindley rode for mongoose. middle back to camera Jason Ramsden rode for Robinson ,on the right tall and bald is the man himself Dave Arnold

Lenny,the bald guy in the photo is Craig Burrows (Torker). Dave was at RadTor,he had a backpack on and wears glasses.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:07 AM by hotdog »

TimBB

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2012, 09:03 AM »
Ha ha Triangle valve, i bet the people in Bandag tyres or was it Rathbones, were upset that they designed the entrance where the drop in and jump out ran straight accross their reception. The BIG jusmo and having to get into the slipper works through the window!!! must have been mad,

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The "Get Paul Barlow Freestyle rider back on a BMX" thread

gfxgfx
gfx gfx