gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway tuff II Suntour coaster hub nuts seized now sorted and finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway tuff II Suntour coaster hub nuts seized now sorted and finished  (Read 1146 times)

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Hi chaps,
Having trouble getting the nuts off either side of the axle in order to fit it to the hub :-[ none of my ordinary spanners will fit and I think I need one of those cycle spanners but dont know which size. Any other ideas for loosening seized nuts and bolts? I need to keep one bolt still and turn the other, but cant do either at the moment.

Apologies for not knowing the termanology, but there are two bits on the freewheel, that have silver brackets and black ends that tighten and stick out, just behind the cog on either side, What do they do??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:57 PM by Threaders »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
http://www.free-coaster.com/?page_id=445

I would say according to this, your coaster hub has been converted to a freecoaster using acs parts.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
And a video, enjoy. Thats a right find you have!

Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Spent the day scrubbng and cleaning and am well pleased at how this tuff II has turned out  :D Just used the finest grade wet and dry and some fairy liquid. Took a while bet has left no scratches or swirls whatsoever.
The coaster hub wasnt too bad in the end. The nust had seized on the freewheel side of the axle, but all it took was a spray of wd40 and a couple of taps on the bolts with the hammer, then I could undo them with my fingers :daumenhoch:
I was able to sus out putting the hub together and used all the parts except the three brake shoes. There really is only one way they can fit to the hub, so was chuffed with that. Here is the wheel itself and just have the front tuff to do now :)

My room stinks of WD40 now though :D

Jaypeg

Nice work   :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Bob on that  :4_17_5:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Glad you got it sorted.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway tuff II Suntour coaster hub nuts seized now sorted and finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx