gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mk2 super tuff
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mk2 super tuff  (Read 825 times)

Ande

mk2 super tuff
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Just bought this for £40 which i thought was a bargain, wasn't 100% sure it was a super tuff because i couldn't see any gold anywhere, it has had parts replaces so the skyways could have been a later addition too, but i stripped it down today and when i took the back wheel off and wiped all the filth off the dropouts, ther was a great big slab of gold that someone had not bothered to remove, now i have the dilema, do i return it to it's original guise or turn it into something else.

Stripped down today.

This was stuck solid, had to drill into it so i could stick something in and lever it out, was only a few inches long too.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: mk2 super tuff
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Good score for £40 mate. You gonna do a full resto on it?

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Bargain score dude. Quite a lot of changed parts on there. If you want expert advice head over to www.burnerworld.co.uk for Burner specific expert advice and chit chat.   :daumenhoch:

Ande

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:36 PM »
They didn't know what they had mate, they had it advertised as a gt bmx because it had gt on the stem ::)  Whether i restore it to a supertuff depends how expensive getting it superchromed would be, i thought about chrome burner like this beauty http://www.dtrcartwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Burner/jc10.htm

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Resto jobs only work out to be more expensive if you insist on rushing them, especially if you're impatient like me. ::)

Taking your time, sourcing the right parts and doing a small bit each month helps spread the cost, this I find will give you more satisfying results.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

simon h

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Top Score .
 If your going down the rechrome route , get hold of FHM on burnerworld ,he is the man for that. But because so many no standard parts fitted be prepared to spend some cash to put it stock. You maybe able to swap some out . Good luck dude.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  mk2 super tuff

gfxgfx
gfx gfx