gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 09:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  30th Anniversary Gen 1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Gen 1  (Read 5756 times)

haro boy

Re: 30th Anniversary Gen 1
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Ive got a Gen 1, had one BITD and vibrating with excitement about these. Defo want one, and yes you do need to be a HARO person to understand it, but KAP, how have you got your name on one yet?

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 06:04 PM »
No doubt collectors will be falling over each other to get one, but i think it's way overpriced  :idiot2:

S&M re issued the mk1 Holmes in 09 and the frame/fork kits were about £350 (even less in the states) and you got a free seat post  ;D

So the price is just a cash in, unless the box is really special  :LolLolLolLol:

And they're dogs plop to ride anyway (the gen 1 not S&M)

I'm not knocking the project at all, hat's off to Dom  :daumenhoch:

2 minutes turkish...

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Making a twin top tube 100% cromoly frameset in the Us in a custom box with a DVD of the manufacturing process is no picnicwhen it comes to costs, its a collectors piece, hence 300 and not 3000.

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 06:49 PM »
Making a twin top tube 100% cromoly frameset in the Us in a custom box with a DVD of the manufacturing process is no picnicwhen it comes to costs, its a collectors piece, hence 300 and not 3000.
well said dom :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 07:01 PM »
The 09 Holmes re issues were also 100% cro mo US (santa ana) made framesets and were made identical to a 1990 Holmes

$429 for yellow or $469 for chrome

They were limited to just 200 framesets

Like i said i'm not knocking the project at all just finding it hard to see $1000 worth  :-\

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Ive got a Gen 1, had one BITD and vibrating with excitement about these. Defo want one, and yes you do need to be a HARO person to understand it, but KAP, how have you got your name on one yet?

hes pmd every single person on the museum , and called Bob up personally . :LolLolLolLol:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 07:16 PM »
The 09 Holmes re issues were also 100% cro mo US (santa ana) made framesets and were made identical to a 1990 Holmes

$429 for yellow or $469 for chrome

They were limited to just 200 framesets

Like i said i'm not knocking the project at all just finding it hard to see $1000 worth  :-\

thanks for mot knocking it! Mr Moeller has all of the tooling and an established us manufacturing source. That's a big advantage.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Think i've missed summat ere, don't Haro already build bikes?

My only knock on it was the price  ;)

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Mr Moeller charged what it actually cost plus his normal margin, same as any other frameset they sell/have sold, he didn't put a premium on it, Haro clearly have.
I couldn't possibly knock the frame as it is iconic and it is awesome and certainly collectable, it just aint a grand.
A custom made bicycle frame wouldn't cost a grand, with or without tooling.
It is awesome though  :)

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Yeah, but they don't make them in the good ole u s of a ya numpty....... Which was the whole point of the project.....

Taiwan isn't it I believe ???

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36 PM »
OK, now they are £700 too much   :2funny:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Mr Moeller charged what it actually cost plus his normal margin, same as any other frameset they sell/have sold, he didn't put a premium on it, Haro clearly have.
I couldn't possibly knock the frame as it is iconic and it is awesome and certainly collectable, it just aint a grand.
A custom made bicycle frame wouldn't cost a grand, with or without tooling.
It is awesome though  :)

You have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research on the costs of producing this product to the same spec in the USA and then pitch in.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 09:39 PM »
 ::)
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 09:56 PM »
You have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research on the costs of producing this product to the same spec in the USA and then pitch in.

You're right, what the fook do I know about frame making.

No one is knocking the product grumpy knickers, I said its awesome.

Hope you get your commission

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Very nice but lets be honest, its cashing-in on the growing popularity of OS.

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34 PM »

Yawn.....

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37 PM »

Yawn.....

Opinions are banned

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45 PM »
Dom,what sort of tooling was needed for the frame and forks ???

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52 PM »
Ok, I have done some research into having a custom bmx frame made in the USA-using hi tech tubing and post weld heat treating...and its about £500 landed from several different suppliers, I get to choose the geometry.

so why is this frame so expensive then? a technical, in depth explaination covering the manufacturing process would be a good start

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03 PM »

so why is this frame so expensive then?

4 letters.

intobmx2

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Ok, I have done some research into having a custom bmx frame made in the USA-using hi tech tubing and post weld heat treating...and its about £500 landed from several different suppliers, I get to choose the geometry.

so why is this frame so expensive then? a technical, in depth explaination covering the manufacturing process would be a good start

I think you've awnsered your own Question   ???

$995 dollars is only £614 pounds.

You have already found out it cost £500 to do just the frame. Then there's the decals, to sort out, box to make and design, dvd costs website design, advertising and all the other costs involved to get the project to the public.

Think this would just about cover your £114 pounds :)

haro boy

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 11:18 PM »
Personally I think the price is about right and what i expected it t be, isn't just a frame and forks, it's a collectors boxed and presented properly package, if you're not a lover, fkn great, more chance for me to get one.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 11:23 PM »

it isnt massively more expensive though is it? its $1000 works out to approx £625
for the extra £ you are getting a proper thought about exact replica of one of the most iconic bmx's ever
with a truly excusive 300 issues. pretty rare in my book as they will be going across the globe
i know that dom had bob work on the decals and no stone has been left uncovered with the thought and process involved in the production of these anniversary framesets
i think that they are great. the fact that all the team riders from back in the day also own one makes owning one a little more special
not to mention the nice touches of the case it comes in, with the drawing and footage of it being made

these are collectors items and not to be confused with custom made framesets imo as a custom does not carry the desirability that the haro does ( again imo each to our own etc )

will i be getting one? alas no as i have an 80's one and could not justify/cant afford one to just look at and admire
would i like one

HELL YES

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Yep you're right, its perfectly reasonable. My mistake

nosher70

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 04:01 AM »
Brummie hit the nail in the head. It is something SPECIAL. Someone who knows and has no interest in BMX (like myself lol) would take one look at this and like it. It can be built to ride or put on a wall. The dilemma would be if you couldnt own two for this reason, or even three (with a spare to put in the attic to sell on in a decade)......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  30th Anniversary Gen 1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx