gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  oldschool = cinderella, newschool = ugly sisters : discuss
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: oldschool = cinderella, newschool = ugly sisters : discuss  (Read 1040 times)

selfpreservation

as above fill yer boots

duncan

Re: oldschool = cinderella, newschool = ugly sisters : discuss
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:06 AM »
I love some newschool designs - the 'Tankass' frame, Evil Imperials, LeToy's.
The trend for running seats just above the back tire makes bikes look a lot smaller though. The wider rims and bigger tyres have a similar effect. Or maybe I'm just a lot bigger now...

Some oldschool bikes had a beauty and variation in design that you can't find now, but would they be strong enough these days? The Quadangle comes to mind.
New frames do tend to look the same, but hopefully that's a sign that it's the riding that matters.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:11 AM »
My Newschool bike.

i dont think its an ugly sister.
I want to touch ORB

selfpreservation

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 07:39 AM »
I love some newschool designs - the 'Tankass' frame, Evil Imperials, LeToy's.
The trend for running seats just above the back tire makes bikes look a lot smaller though. The wider rims and bigger tyres have a similar effect. Or maybe I'm just a lot bigger now...

Some oldschool bikes had a beauty and variation in design that you can't find now, but would they be strong enough these days? The Quadangle comes to mind.
New frames do tend to look the same, but hopefully that's a sign that it's the riding that matters.

cant argue with that but fatama whitbread is strong

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 08:18 AM »
They are both beautiful in their own way...old School because they were all so different, and new school because of the simplicity of design.

But remember not all old school were pretty: Hutch Trickstar II - bleugh - not even rosey coloured specs could make that monster look good!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 03:51 PM »
not quite sure how to take the subject of this thread, so the gen 1 is a beautiful machine, and the retro mirra isnt.

im sure the only reason the old school bikes are cinderella's to us lot is because they are trapped in a tiny corner of our brains, stuck there since 1982....and the new school are ugly sisters because nobody likes change, new school bikes are not ugly sisters, unless you are a 14 yr old ripper riding a scratched and unloved park bike, most of the bikes i see at skateparks are quite nice tho, and undoubtedly a much stronger/better/lighter? frame than we could have ever wanted in the 80s.

heres old ugly boIIocks and her lovely sister......

Dave
haro, how do you do

weston

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 04:18 PM »
old school 78-84 cool, middish school 84-87 gay (f00king pinks & neons), mid school 88-94 cool, new school 95-05 cool, now gay colours are making a comeback with metal music & tight pants..thumbs down..

gmac

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 06:23 PM »
I think I've said this here before, but the only new school bikes I like, are the one's that look like the old school ones. Like the retro Haro's the Kappas, and the Parkinsons etc etc

Flaz

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 12:40 AM »
to see the beauty in the new school bike you need to ride them

once you compare the ride  then you see how much better the new school rides are

or to put it another way cinderella might have been goodlooking but  could have been shite in the sack where as the ugly sisters would have probally gone 3 up, took it up the harris and swallowed straight after  ;D  and lets be honest no point having a sexy bird if she dont clean up after her self  aye fellas  ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:39 AM »
Well said Flaz. Spot on mate.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 10:39 AM »
to see the beauty in the new school bike you need to ride them

once you compare the ride  then you see how much better the new school rides are

or to put it another way cinderella might have been goodlooking but  could have been shite in the sack where as the ugly sisters would have probally gone 3 up, took it up the harris and swallowed straight after  ;D  and lets be honest no point having a sexy bird if she dont clean up after her self  aye fellas  ;)

Nail on the head Flaz  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I love my new school ride!

rides like a beaut.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  oldschool = cinderella, newschool = ugly sisters : discuss

gfxgfx
gfx gfx