gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  some modern day Livi
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: some modern day Livi  (Read 1080 times)

bsdforever

some modern day Livi
« on: July 07, 2006, 09:11 PM »
David Frame

Fergus King

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: some modern day Livi
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:20 PM »
Nice , I'm going to off work in a couple of weeks , looking good for a road trip up there for me , got to get there ..........

selfpreservation

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 11:58 PM »
beezer air nice to see a young-un with a brake for a change most of the kids round ere ruin thier trainers going down hils (grumpy old man moment) whats that about ? even if i needed no brakes to get rad i would q/r and tie the cable round my frame till it was time for me tea , feet are for dancin ya know

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 01:08 AM »
wow. excellent photos. great to see old Framey in action. iIwas in France at an airport, and flicked through a french BMX mag, and saw a pic of Davie Frame still getting rad. real good quality shots them.
its photos like that which keep radbmx fresh and alive. Thanks
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Man I'd totally forgotton about framy fuuuukin rad, is Scott McNickle still ridin. I skated and rode the park in the late 80's early 90's and those two ruled.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:35 PM by Bigplinky »
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

bsdforever

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 07:57 PM »
yeah scott mcnicol still rides there as well sometimes

fraz167

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Grant,

Excellent pics, don't think i would have recognised Framey..must be 17 years since i have seen him.  You must get him on here.  If you speak to him, see if he remembers Fraser who rode in Dunfermline Camdean/Rosyth with Nellie, Youngy, Beefy, Andy, Joe etc

Cheers
Fraser

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 10:20 PM »
last time i saw dave frame was at KOC in 96

iirc he pulled back to back tailwhips on vert. about 10 in a row

bsdforever

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Grant,

Excellent pics, don't think i would have recognised Framey..must be 17 years since i have seen him.  You must get him on here.  If you speak to him, see if he remembers Fraser who rode in Dunfermline Camdean/Rosyth with Nellie, Youngy, Beefy, Andy, Joe etc

Cheers
Fraser

who was the guy from your way who bought Space from Terry Jenkins? I remember Joe as well, i swapped my GT for his Haro Master at Aberdeen Exhibition Centre in '89

fraz167

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 07:08 PM »
who was the guy from your way who bought Space from Terry Jenkins? I remember Joe as well, i swapped my GT for his Haro Master at Aberdeen Exhibition Centre in '89

Hi Grant, that was Youngy....Mark Young....short(ish) guy with glasses and fair hair.  He used to video every UKBFA comp and had some amazing footage.  I wonder where that is now.

There was Beefy as well, Stuart Kerr....he was a great rider.

I think i remember that Master...was it one of the blue/black 88s...if so i think it belonged to TJ as well.

There was a load of riders in Dunfermline as well...Framey will remember Rory, who did some of the highest airs at that time 86/87...7/8 Feet on a rickety Mongoose Decade

Those were the days......still see some of the guys from Dunfermline, when i am back visiting my folks...no idea what happened to the Rosyth/Camdean crew though

Cheers
Fraser

bsdforever

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 07:13 PM »
I remember riding with Beefy at the 2nd Dundee Factory in 1991

I remember Youngy videoing some of the comps, Framey supposedly has some footage too so I'll ask him about that stuff.

Also the master I got from Joe was a neon yellow one

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  some modern day Livi

gfxgfx
gfx gfx