gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Profile ID & Help Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Profile ID & Help Please  (Read 606 times)

greentoad

Profile ID & Help Please
« on: July 07, 2006, 08:57 PM »
Hi all

I have taken loads of pictures before I washed it etc (but shall not post them until it is mint) as it is slightly embarrising for the poor bike.

Anyway, I am surprised how well it has come up with just a wash. I shall give it a good polish and also fit some better wheels and grips etc and was hoping to take it to Peterborough for its first time in many many years!

I put the tuffs and tyres on just to get an idea of how it stands. It used to have skinny Araya's and hopefully will have them on again.

There is a problem though, the DX is stuck. Any idea on how long they are? What's the best option of getting this out (another rare frame - so don't really want to damage it). As the DX is solid you can not even get fluid inside the post, so is it a case of cut it off? And then either bolt a seat on to the existing post just as temporary measure / or cut it out / dissolve it?

I would also be interested if anyone could help in ID'ing the bike. It has no stamps, markings etc anywhere that I can see. How can I find out it's number and year?

Lastly, any help in what generation cranks are on it?

Thanks

J.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Profile ID & Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:27 PM »
champ pro f&f.gen 2 cranks?

bof

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 09:52 PM »
simano dx seatpost are quite short and looking at yours there cant be much in the frame. Take the crank out and turn the bike upside down put some wd40 or diesel . down the hole that you can see in the bottom bracket that leads to the seat tube . im sure that dx posts are solid so it shouldnt leak out . leave it for as long as you can at leasta couple of days. thenget a pair of stilsons onto the post and see if you can turn it .
Good luck.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 11:14 PM »
I'll have the tuffs if you are selling.

My mate needs some yellows for a tuff burner restoration.

:daumenhoch:

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 10:09 AM »
looking at my dx post,i guess that there is about 1" left in the frame.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 10:16 AM »
take the seat of and clamp it in a vice with some wood to protect the seat pole
and twist the whole bike should move it

Bren Gunn

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 12:08 PM »
What a fantastic bike, be careful riding it though, cromo frames rusts from the inside out over and looking at the condition of the forks, it doesn't look like it has been stored very well...

gmac

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 06:25 PM »
That's awesome. I'd leave it exactly how it is, without even cleaning it up. If you wanted to add a seat post clamp, you could just put a hinged DC around the seat tube. Make sure it's old and rusty though, to keep the theme.

Worth alot of money if you restore it, and all it's components though, but you already know that.  :)

Seriously - love it loads  :smitten:

Let me know if you wanna sell it  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Profile ID & Help Please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx