gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cleaning tyres
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cleaning tyres  (Read 972 times)

kjilaja

cleaning tyres
« on: August 27, 2012, 01:48 PM »
whats do you guys use to get your black/gumwall tyres looking shiny and new,seen a couple of gen1's at MK and the comp st's were mint,really clean gumwalls and the black tread was like what you see on car tyres,i've  nos comp st's and nos panaracer's and want to get them super shiny like the one's i saw,any help please,cheers :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: cleaning tyres
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:03 PM »
nos tyres didnt look like this nick
they all had the release powder on

i think that they use tyre shine similar to car tyres to get them looking this way ( they do look good )

personally i would do this on used tyres that were grubby etc but i prefer the look of the nos ones if given the choice

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:17 PM »
I've used tyre slick from Asda, sprayed into the lid then painted onto the tread directly will reduce the risk of it getting on your brake area.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

kjilaja

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:21 PM »
yeah both sets have release powder on them,but they look nice shined up,might get some tyre shine and try on another set first,cheers :daumenhoch:

Moza

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:12 PM »
I use Armourall on a sponge  :daumenhoch:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Chemical guys do a rubber and plastic potion. Its like treacle, but i use it at vw shows if am showing phatty. Lasts too.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:08 PM »
i'm sure there's a tyre shine with added lubricant to keep the rubber supple :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cleaning tyres

gfxgfx
gfx gfx