gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bleaching white z rims ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bleaching white z rims ??  (Read 1764 times)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Bleaching white z rims ??
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Just got a white set which i want brighten up a bit ,ive checked the stickie threads but nothing there really  :(  , do i go the plasterers bucket and tons of bleach route ??  if so what combo and ingredients and time scale etc etc

any help appreciated  :daumenhoch:    Rick

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: Bleaching white z rims ??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 05:11 PM »
As far as I can gather from other threads on here they were always off white when new and not bright white if that helps  ::)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:16 PM »
As far as I can gather from other threads on here they were always off white when new and not bright white if that helps  ::)
  ahh right  :LolLolLolLol:   ive never owned a set so cheers for that , i'll give em a reet good scrub then cos they are off white as you say and lovely  :daumenhoch:   

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Yep, they are a kinda cream colour anyway, not white. I bleached a set for weeks and it done nothing to them  :-\

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Yep, they are a kinda cream colour anyway, not white. I bleached a set for weeks and it done nothing to them  :-\
  thanks guys  :daumenhoch:  fook for that i didnt fancy the messing anyway :LolLolLolLol:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 05:26 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:29 PM »
I did a set of 48's a year or so back Rick.  They were, as has been said, an off white colour to begin with, but if it doesn't mean taking the wheels apart I'd be tempted to stick em in some thin bleach for a few days anyway  :)
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42 PM »
yeah there built up mark so dismantling isnt an option at moment tbh, theyer ok as they for rider so gunna give em scrub and wire wool spokes  :daumenhoch:  cheers !!

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18 PM »
was

sanded and razored back - reshaped and smoothed out - then bleached white - decals placed - job done  ;)

cheers  B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 11:55 PM »
well they look nice and white to me  8)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 12:16 AM »
thanks bendy  :4_17_5:  / wildon  ::)  x

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 02:32 AM »
I THINK THE ONES RICK HAS GOT ARE MIKE BUFF Z RIMS WITH SIG WORN OFF THE SIDES RATHER THAN JUST WHITE ONES LIKE BENDY HAD DONE AND ALL THE BUFF ONES ARE A CREAMY WHITE LIKE THE HUBS ON THEM,NICE WHEELS YOU GOT THERE RICK ESPECIALLY WITH THE ORIG HUBS, SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK BEING LEFT ON BUT I WAS TOO FAR INTO THE QUESTION TO GO BACK  ;D

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Glenboy it appears your spot on with that cos the rims are deffo cream along with identicle in colour cream acs hubs and on close inspection it looks like they have never been tampered with as the original what looks like a heat shrunk seal is still in situe on the inside of rims covering all the rim and nipples  :daumenhoch:  so ive got buff rims then, double made up now and all i need to do is shine up the spokes thanks all  :4_17_5:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 04:46 PM »
IT STILL WON'T HURT TO GIVE THEM A GOOD CLEAN AND IF YOU WANT TO BLEACH THEM A BIT, THEN THAT WILL GET THE GRIME OUT  ;)

CAPS LOCK IS THE NEW BLACK  :D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bleaching white z rims ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx