gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Andy Shohara PIC yesterday!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Andy Shohara PIC yesterday!  (Read 3343 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Andy Shohara PIC yesterday!
« on: June 30, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Remember Andy Shohara - the hawaiin bmx'er who could air left and right? Was a big name in the 80's, rode king of the skateparks etc... well he's in the UK at the mo, met up with my mate Alex Leech  in Oxford .. this pic was taken of him last night at Oxford ramps - someone brought this yellow GT for him to be pictured on!! Also - have attached some other pics that Alex sent me of his early riding days  - enjoy! PS - Alex is now a memebr on this site!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 05:36 PM by generallee »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Andy Shohara PIC yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 12:44 PM »
great pics well done that man :daumenhoch:

RADHAB

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:49 PM »
Twas a good night last night  :daumenhoch:

Great pics!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 12:51 PM »
That's Pete's Yellow GT (Quadrophenia) - sounds like a good night. Me, I was at parent's evening. Arse.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02 PM »
PS - Andy's a member on here too!

sambmx

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 01:10 PM »
The platform pic now has the missing name filled in. The person behind Andy is Jess Dyrenforth (pre rollerblades).

fuzzynod

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Awesome evening could'nt believe Andy had'nt ridden for 13 years 10mins on the 6ft and he was getting air.
Then on to the 13ft vert and he pops out onto the deck and drops back in !  :wtf:
Such a nice guy as well.
God knows what he will get upto at Carlo's place today. 

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Wow, some more of the Southsea comp, please. I was looking in the background to see if I was lurking. Note Will and the scunner Grant Smith in the background, dead centre, I'm sure I was talking to Grant within minutes of that shot being taken. The guy in the purple shirt's familiar, too, though I might just've chatted at some point for a while.

bsdforever

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 02:40 PM »
Wow, some more of the Southsea comp, please. I was looking in the background to see if I was lurking. Note Will and the scunner Grant Smith in the background, dead centre, I'm sure I was talking to Grant within minutes of that shot being taken. The guy in the purple shirt's familiar, too, though I might just've chatted at some point for a while.

what the hell is a scunner??

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 05:15 PM »

what the hell is a scunner??

It's a Sweaty Sock word I took to mean 'of dubious character' but turns out to be:
Scunnered. "That's it, he's noodled oot - completely scunnered hissel."
Translation: Scunnered: to be sick of; to have had enough of; to go completely off something.

andy619

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:22 PM »
Current update, three feet of air  on the 8ft quater-pipe, two foot of air in the opposite direction.  We are going to get something to eat now and ride again later.  Zoid popped over for a visit, it's been at least 19 years since I saw him last.  It was awesome meeting you guys last night, pete, steve and mark.  
I must say that I am quite pleased with my progress so far.  I think I had a total of 8-9 minutes of actual riding time in Oxford.  I've had about 10 minutes of riding time at Carlos so far, no crashes and no injuries, but I think it's just because Carlos ramp scares the crap out of me, it is a very intimidating ramp, but very fun.

WizardWeb

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Anyone got those pictures of Andy riding Mons Ramp from BMX Action bike? They were so cool. :)

fraz167

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Sweaty Sock

aye cheers wayne....jock would be better  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Andy Shohara PIC yesterday!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx